Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Sparky

Status

Number plate LEDs

I am looking to change the number plate lights in the boot of the car,can anyone point me in the direction of how easy this is to do, is it just a case of popping them out?
    Also where is the best place to purchase the LED/kit from?

Cheers

Andy
    2.0Tdi 170 Black Edtion Avant

2. # ADS
    ADS

Smell my finger.

Status
    Have a look in the 8L A3/S3 section mate, there's a thread a couple of days old with a few decent links to shops on.

Tom
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Sparky

Status
    Any links Tom ive just had a quick look and couldnt find anything, plenty of threads for LED brake lights and indicators

Thanks

Andy

Smell my finger.

Status
    Hi Andy,

Most people got there's from ultraleds...

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/long-c-101_135.html

However looking at the page now they dont have white ones on there for some reason. The ones we need on the A/S3 are the 37mm festoon type ones. I think it would be worth taking one out of your car and measuring it though just to make sure they're the same. Once you know what the size is there are loads of places on the web you can get them from. There's lots on ebay too so once you know the size have a searh for ??mm LED festoon bulb and you're away

Oh and they also work well for interior/boot lights too

Tom

Tom
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Sparky

Status
    Cheers Tom ill take a look

3rd Gear

Status
    I have them fitted to my S4, bought them from PYSpeed.com

2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /