2.0 tfsi and hill hold

rosscotdi

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have had a A3 for a few years now and have just ordered a 2.0 tfsi s-line Avant with a few extras, one thing that is really confusing me is acording to the spec's you cant have hill assist on the 2.0 tdi or the 2.0 tfsi, What's that all about?

Hopefully getting delivery end of may/June.... ..... CANT WAIT!

Last edited:
It's because the 2.0 manuals (whether diesel of petrol) come with the Start Stop and energy recouperation technology and appartently this doesn't work with auto hold assist .

What annoys the feck outta me is that instead of using the location of the hold assist button for the Start Stop bypass button, they fit a blank, change the coin holder and add a new button. :keule:

Without showing obvious signs of not reading the manual, what is the difference between the standard handbrake system and hill hold?:readit:

Cheers guy's for your replys, well i ordered last Sunday and the dealer hasnt said its a problem yet, i can only asume the factory hasnt came back yet saying that it isnt compatable yet. it does sound weird that it is'nt compatable as start stop etc is availabe on other models and so on

No it's not. Start Stop is only on 2.0 whether diesel or petrol. I also specc'ed it to see if it would go through but it got bounced back.