Rubbers!

Reaction score
I picked up the car on Saturday and apart from the long drive home, haven't had a chance to get in it since because the entire household later caught a bug. :Flush:
This icon says it all!

Anyhow finally fueling myself after one and a half days of starvation, I took the car out for a spin tonight on the local country roads.

The first thing I noticed was that the stretch between gears just seem to go on and on with a constant flow of power; however I also noticed that first gear was totally useless on the wet slightly muddy lanes. The front tyres were grappling for grip all the way through to second gear. I am running on 245/45/18's Pirelli Cinturato P7's.

What is everyone else using and would you recommend them.

Cheers
:icon_thumright:

Im running 255/35 x 19 bridgestones that came with the car.Lethal in the snow/slush/grease.OK in the wet/dry.Will be getting some goodyears pretty soon

A friend had Goodyears on his 1.8T A3. He was asked by the garage whether 'he drove his car like he stole it', so that guided him towards them. Do you know which type?

Nah, its all down mainly to the rubber compound, and in the wet tread pattern.I used to flog tyres many years ago (in the days of cinturatos and grand prix s') and was told my a manufacturer that to test the tyre for grip in the wet, wet your finger and rub the tyre.The stickier the tyre the more friction between finger and rubber (oooeerr)

Cool, I'll get down and dirty then. I am sure the wife will approve!:slap:

LOL.A lot of members rate the vredsteins, but its a 300 squid gamble for two on the front.Not much fun having to buy them and not rate them.Everyone has an opinion on the quality of tyres, otherwise there wouldnt be so many out there.I had sworn by uniroyals before i got my first a4 in 2006, which came with contis.Nice tyre, ****** expensive at 200 a shot, and not much fun when you only get 8000 miles on the front.I switched to the F1's after a mate whos a traffic copper insisted on having them on the works motor.He wasnt wrong.Those other goodyears in your link are also reall good, although theyve been replaced by the F1's, and i cant get any in my size

Last edited:
Bit of a sod. Well hopefully these ones will last me a while, then I will get on with the finger licking.

Last edited: