Automatic fan start up when car started

podiopie

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently swapped from my S3 to an A4 Sline 2008 and it is spot on, apart from one minor detail.

I have honestly read the manula and trawled through every part of the in car menu system but still cant solve it.

Basically when I start the car up each time the climate control comes on full each time, is there anyway to keep these so that they are set at say "3" each time I get in the car and me decide whether to turn it up or down each time? I like it all lit up and the solution would be to switch it off but want the windscreen to get some air as it steams up too.

I cant find out how to stop it from doing it, so each time I get in the car I turn it down

Any help much appreciated

Last edited:
I am no expert on Audi technology, but it may have something to do with your key. Whenever you enter the car it should set the climate control to whatever you had it the last time you used it. Have you tried the second driver key?

It's only a thought; I could be totally wrong.

Mine does exactly the same thing does my tats right in,the temp does not move up or down its just the fan goes straight to full bore no matter what setting i had it on previously when i turned the car off.I dont use the Auto setting though just set the fans manually but they always come on full when i start the car and i have to turn the setting down to whatever i want it set to.

I was going to pay a visit to Audi but they probably wont know anyway, it does have a mind of its own redspudder and is complex enough with all its sub menus etc as it is. If you find out how you can set it in stone then let me know, otherwise we shall continue to turn it down.

I will give the second key a go cheers Crazyfool, will see if that makes a difference. Such a complex way to put some air in your car ha ha