Replacement of Sat Nav / MMI screen?

monkeytrousers

Reaction score
Hi,

I am back in the world of Audi ownership after 2.5 years of BMW ownership. I used to have an S3 until 2007, jumped ship to a 330i, beautiful car but no fun. I missed the turbo quattro combo.

Just bought a 2 years old Audi A4 3.0 TDI Quattro. Simply stunning drive.

One question.

Looks like the previous owner had kids and the Sat Nav / MMI screen has been "played with". Mainly finger prints which is no problem but there is a very small area of permanent damage - like a stone chip on the screen and the pixels beneath are dead. So when the screen is dark this mark shows up white and when the screen is white this mark shows up as dark! It's really tiny but I notice it.

Does any one know if it is possible to get the screen replaced by Audi? I guess anything is possible at a cost.

Cheers,

Hi,

I am back in the world of Audi ownership after 2.5 years of BMW ownership. I used to have an S3 until 2007, jumped ship to a 330i, beautiful car but no fun. I missed the turbo quattro combo.

Just bought a 2 years old Audi A4 3.0 TDI Quattro. Simply stunning drive.

One question.

Looks like the previous owner had kids and the Sat Nav / MMI screen has been "played with". Mainly finger prints which is no problem but there is a very small area of permanent damage - like a stone chip on the screen and the pixels beneath are dead. So when the screen is dark this mark shows up white and when the screen is white this mark shows up as dark! It's really tiny but I notice it.

Does any one know if it is possible to get the screen replaced by Audi? I guess anything is possible at a cost.

Cheers,
Try Craig at http://www.tclsatnav.com/ could be cheaper than Audi.

Great, thanks for the replies. I checked with Audi and a replacement is over £800!

That ebay listing looks OK but I will check with Audi about compatibility, I'm not sure how they can offer the same part for £295?! Plus I need someone to fit it.

Cheers.