Problems starting car

redspudder

Sparky
Reaction score
I have not used the car much over xmas due to all the snow.
This week i have noticed that i am having trouble starting the car,i put the key into ignition slot, dash lights up radio on ect ect.I then push down the clutch whilst pushing the key in a little further then usually the car will fire up once the glowplugs light goes out.But i have found that the car is not starting like this all the time i was sat at the petrol station for 10mins this morning trying to start the car i kept taking the key in an out of the slot :banghead:and eventually i managed to start the car,will be contatcing my local dealer tomorrow to see if im doing somehting wrong or i have a problem with the ignition.I dont think its anything im doing wrong as ive been driving/starting the car for 6weeks before xmas with no problem.

Ive had the same problem since i got the car.Eventually the fob got stuck in the slot and i had to wrench it out hence i had a new slot.Great for about two days then back to normal.Even with my foot on the clutch the dis tells me to put my foot on the clutch.I end up fuc*ing river dancing.Soz mate, but its a **** design.Its hateful, really hateful.Same as that stupid electronic handbrake but thats another story.By all means try the dealer, but i feel thats just the way it is

ARGGGGGGGHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Booked the car in for Friday, its happened again today and my DIS also shows put foot on clutch and yes i to end up River dancing(i LMFAO at this description!!)No probs with handbrake yet ill await this one to come along!!

best of luck.I might mention it again to the dealer as im back there again tomorrow....this time its my folding wing mirror that doesnt stop fuc^ing folding.Does 180 degrees from closed.Great for a pedestrian **** for me.I have my own bay at the dealers.Just as well i get on with them!

Damn it man, these are new cars ***, starting to lose faith in vag atm hearing these stories, really bad news.

Quite.So far ive had ascratched window and wing mirror on delivery,a new ignition slot,(soon to be done again), two gearbox oil changes, one second gear synchromesh replacement (**** gearbox), new electric wing mirror,replacement headlights (that are not as bright as the originals).this is my second audi, the last was a B7.Apart from three seat bolsters and a window switch no probs.Much better quality.I doubt if ill stick with audi when i get rid of my current in 2 years....in fact ive been looking at skylines!!

edit: and i forgot that for ten days my B8 wouldnt give me an oil reading.And i cant have a dipstick.

Last edited:
John, thnaks for the info ive not had any other problems(yet) but this is starting to do my t*ts right in, sat on my drive for 10mins this morning trying to start the car i didnt even dare stop at the garage for my paper as i couldnt be ***** with the rigmarole of starting the car,this is not good and not what i expect from a car i pad 24K for(that was 28k new) that is only 3 months old i will give the dealer the benfit of the doubt and let them try and sort it on Friday but im ready to explode this could get interesting im not the type of person to just take there usual bullsh@t i get irate quite quickly if things arent sorted, i just hope i aint back and forth to the dealers like you said you have been.

Dont take any crap, i believe that its a known prob as my dealer didnt question it.I fu*king HATE that stupid fob.Its not an improvement.Its quite obvious to a **** like me that it would suffer from wear or malfunction in the short term.Just dont start me on the gearbox issue.Why the hell i sold my B7 i dont know.

Alright John i got the starteing problem sorted,i had bought some cheap rubber mats for over winter whilst the weather is shat and they are quite large,they had slid under the clutch and preventing the clutch making the switch which inturn was stopping the car starting properly,i have removed the mats and the car starts fine every time,DOH what an idiot i felt when going to pick the car up i also ordered some Audi rubber front mats which cost £30 and my pride battered!!

Im still not happy with the gear change though, still fells clunky i will be returning the car soon to have this looked at again.