A4 B8 Questions

Kuajo

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new to my a4 and used to have a Tahoe so its really a big difference and I wanted to ask some quesitons...

1st. Is there a way of making the car accelerate a bit faster?(without tuning) I mean it doesn't matter if its on D or in S it always lag when you press down the accelerator... Is it a traction control issue or the car is simply lazy? Tried holding down the ESP button but no luck.

2nd. Wich is the best ECU upgrade (Without upgrading any other parts) or wich ECU upgrade and parts should I get? I was thinking of OCT but its really expensive and I think my car has to be on stage 2 before upgrading to OCT.

I'm new to this so don't flame... so much... haha

Welcome.

Could it be the engine it still just tight?

"Is there a way of making the car accelerate a bit faster?(without tuning)"

Reduce weight - Strip your car out.

"Best ECU"

What does "best" mean ?

Welcome.

Could it be the engine it still just tight?

"Is there a way of making the car accelerate a bit faster?(without tuning)"

Reduce weight - Strip your car out.

"Best ECU"

What does "best" mean ?

Balance between HP gain and price

HP gain for 500rpm or lower peak HP gain over 5krpm but will probably be faster. A map that feels fast or genuielly is fast. HP gain but not so good on the torque or vice versa. Are you happy with a map being always there or do you want to be able to put it back to stock? Do you want multiple programs where you can select them real time via the cruise control including an anti-theft program? Will you use the best fuel or use the cheapest? etc etc etc etc without even considering the price.

To my mind there's no such thing as best in the same way there's no such thing as a best car. It all depends what you want/need.

The trouble is it's very hard to compare maps when so few people publish graphs. Peak figures/gains are meaningless apart from boasting in a pub.

The other considerations are you location to the location of the tuners, the warranty/guarantee offered etc etc

There's so many variables you have to choose what's best for you. If there was a single answer to this then everyone would have the same.

p.s. If you've got a MY2010 car then your current choices are very limited due to a security change on the ECU.

p.p.s. Are you in the US? I don't think the Tahoe came to these shores (most people on here are UK based)

Hi everyone I'm new to my a4 and used to have a Tahoe so its really a big difference and I wanted to ask some quesitons...

1st. Is there a way of making the car accelerate a bit faster?(without tuning) I mean it doesn't matter if its on D or in S it always lag when you press down the accelerator... Is it a traction control issue or the car is simply lazy? Tried holding down the ESP button but no luck.

2nd. Wich is the best ECU upgrade (Without upgrading any other parts) or wich ECU upgrade and parts should I get? I was thinking of OCT but its really expensive and I think my car has to be on stage 2 before upgrading to OCT.

I'm new to this so don't flame... so much... haha

I have the same car, and exactly the same problem.. there is definitely a lag.. i thought it was just me, but if you do some googling, you'll find alot of discussion about it. There is a device called Sprint Booster, which is supposed to reduce or eliminate the lag but not sure why we should spend the extra $$ to fix a problem that is not supposed to be there in the first place.

I have the s-tronic transmission and when driving slowly in traffic or just around the neighorhood, the accelerator lag plus a confused s-tronic transmission is not a good combination. in a couple cases it was outright dangerous. In one case, i was slowing moving into an intersection to make a turn, and without the car coming to a complete stop (the car was still rolling forward slowly), i pressed on the gas pedal to initiate the turn and the s-tronic got confused and got stuck in S2 or D2 (i forget).. and that with the lag... the car nearly came to a dead stop right in front of (ironically) another audi.. The on coming audi-driver must of had the deer-in-the-headlights sydrome going on.. he just kept coming toward me and didn't slow down.. For fear of being t-boned, i mashed down on the gas pedal even harder. With the front wheels turned, gas pedal mashed down to the ground, the turbo suddenly kicking in.. i was luckily not to have launched the car onto the sidewalk..

I recovered quite well.. but trying to explain to the upset wife sitting in the passenger seat that the car not functioning properly was probably the worst part of the whole ordeal...

since then, i've been much more careful approaching intersection which i want to turn at.. i make sure that the transmission is in S1 or D1.. if not, then i manully shift it (M1)..

I wonder if this is a bigger issue.. something that Audi should address before somebody gets hurt..