Problems getting comfortable in S Line seats

Bradders

Reaction score
Had the S Line 2.0 tfsi for a week now and I find it impossible to get a comfortable driving position. There is that much adjustment in the seats it is driving (lol!) me mad!

I am getting a pain in the front of my right leg and adjusting the seat bolster at the front doesn't seem to help. Ive had the seat at its lowest and then up a bit, the backrest quite vertical and then not!!.

It is doing my head in - we sold an X3 after 3 months for exactly the same reason. Always seems fine on the test drive!!

I know once its sorted it should be fine but Ive a 600 miles round trip on Saturday and dont want to keep adjusting the seat all day!!

Anyone else had this problem and sorted it?:sob:

This was a big problem for me on the S3 but since changing to the S4 the issue has gone, I never had to fiddle with the driving position of the S4.
I have always thought it's down to the type of pedal and the way it's mounted but maybe not, by the way I am about six foot tall.

Also the pedals are offset to the right compared to the S3 so I find it more comfortable to let my foot tilt to the right with my heel almost in front of the brake pedal (if you know what I mean) try this and see if it helps.

I've had my S-line Exec for a week now and i have to say that the seats fit like a glove,i am enjoying every second driving the car,i sold a 04plate A4 sport and as soon as i sat in the new car i could feel the difference,I am over 6 ft tall and have no issues what so ever with regard to the driving position or anything on the car(so far anyway!!)

Cheers, guys. I expected the seats to be perfect and im sure its just a matter of adjustment to find the right position

Ive just been outside to play around again. I started by putting the seat the correct distance so the clutch is comfortable and adjusted the wheel. Ive then put the seat at its lowest, and at its flattest so we'll see how that is on the school run in the morning.

Im 5' 10" so if any one else can advise on their seat settings, i'd be grateful. Many thanks.

This document might help http://www.csp.org.uk/uploads/documents/csp_publicinfo_csp84.pdf. Regarding Point 3 and the optimum distance from the pedals, I recall an article written by Jackie Stewart a few years back which said that with the clutch pedal fully depressed the left thigh should only make a slight depression in the seat cushion.

Hope you get comfortable soon, especially as Audi's S-Line seats are regarded by orthopedics as amongst the best on the market.

Chiropractor might assist, lol, seriously its amazing the effect the neck, shoulders, spine, back etc have on the lower body when in seated positions, good cracking is always good for yer every now & then, makes me feel alot better.

I had exactly the same problem after I moved my seats for cleaning. I had the car for 7 months with no problem but after they were moved, it took an entire 3 hour journey of constant adjusment to get right.

Cheers Rowdyboy! - its not just me then...I'm glad you got them adjusted right again that makes me feel better!!!

I have a similar problem that cant be fixed, and no doubt will cause damage to the seat.(my old b7 had to have two replacement side squabs replaced).I cannot get comfortable sitting properly in the seat as i find the driving position uncomfortable, espesially with the offset pedals.I lean to the left (if you pardon the expression), and lean on the too short arm rest.I just wish the seat would move left/right.It moves every other ****** way.

Had the same for about the first week, but i found that once i adjusted the lumbar it was much better. I now to 800miles in a week (every week) and i'm very comfy in mine now.

I dont know what I'm doing wrong but I now adjust the seat everytime I get in the ****** car! My right leg aches for hours after I've driven the car but the seat itself seems comfortable. Could the off set pedals be doing this - if so, boy am I in trouble!! :keule:

Reactions: ZafarA6C63.0Sline
I sat in the car yesterday, messing about the drivers seat and I think Ive found the problem. When the seat is just far enough back for the clutch pedal it is too close for the accelerator so my foot is bent upwards and this is hurting the muscle at the front of my right leg.

I will carry on with the seat adjustments as best I can for the time being but to be honest unless I can sort this I am going to get a good spanking when I sell it back to the stealers!! Ive had it 2 weeks!! Any help appreciated - surgery is out of the question...........:3sadwalk::3sadwalk::3sadwalk::3sadwalk: