How to make handbrake in B8

gr1zly

Reaction score
yesterday I went for track to check how my car good is.

LSD is great, it's my first audi which is easli going sideways.

But there is a huge problem when you want make U turn, it's not a problem doing it with scandeniav flick...

But when it is not many space without handbreak it's inpossible. :(

Is it possibility to do something with butto-handbreak, so it will be working faster?

I guess it doesn't swing the back out as it brakes all four wheels :

"If you pull out and hold the parking brake switch at a road speed above about 8 km/h, this will initiate an emergency brake application. The brakes are then applied hydraulically at all four wheels. The effect is the same as an emergency stop (full brake application)"

p.s. Since when do you need this on track? It's not a rally stage ! :D

It's a daily car, but when it's a lot of snow I like to drift on snow a bit and then I need handbreak :)

I know it is possible to raise the speed limit of the handbrake via vagcom. But don't know how much

An all new most ridiculous thing i have heard. IF you could get the electronic brake to operate whilst driving it would never lock and unlock fast enough. If you can drive and have enough power then you wont need a handbrake. As already mentionend these arent rally cars, maybe trackable but rally no.

Problem you'll find is, because the brake is electronic, its got built in safety systems as such so it will never work the same as a manual given they were cable controlled anyway, these ones are electric motor driven with probably sensors/microswitches that react in conjunction with the other car systems, you'll never get the same effect purely from a safety POV, but wasnt this obvious tbh???

The handbrake switch is a signal electronically now, not any cables so effectively if the car detects you're turning or driving at speed it probably wont allow things to work or activate quickly, common sense prevails I would think.

Ok few test done, with audi drive select switch to dynamic, and wet road car is drifting very easly, soon I will make some movies :)