Retrofit Xenon headlights to an SE B8

darrenwood

Reaction score
hello all, i have recently purchased a B8 Audi A4 2.0 Tdi SE ex dealer demo so had all the trimmings in terms of options on it....apart from one thing; the LED / xenon lights on the sline.

I have been looking around to see if there is a retrofit solution and have found one option but the kit is about £1k which is too much to pay for me. I have the chance to buy the headlights and wiring separately for a fraction of the cost but am worried about the DIY installation.

Has anyone done this retrofit and can assist with instructions?

I have read on the web that you need to re-code the ECU to make the lights work using a VAG-COM unit (which i can gain access to) and you also need to connect the new lights to the ECU xenon release switch (?) to make the headlights function - this bit makes me nervous........

any help would be greatly appreciated

Can't help with the technicalites, but remember it is illegal without the auto levelling and wash system.

thanks i didnt realise that, does that mean the sline comes with headlight washers as well?

Take a look at the picture thread, you'll see there is a square cut out on the bumper below each headlight which houses the wash system. So if you don't have it, you need to replace the bumper too.

Without it you run the risk of an MOT fail (though you'd be unlucky) but not something I'd want to do to a brand new car.