Got it at last!

DaveW

Reaction score
10 Weeks to the day since placing my order, I picked my A4 up from Preston Audi last Friday.

It's a 2.0 TDi (143ps) Exec S-Line, in brilliant black, with S-Line suspension, piano black inlays, black seat stitching, power folding mirrors and rear parking sensors.

It's my first Audi and my first brand new car, so to say I'm excited is an understatement! The hand-over at the dealerhip was done in a small office, with the car parked inside - under a cover. Then the 'unveiling ceremony' took place. I was just relieved the car was exactly as ordered - I always had the thought of someone on here who ordered Quattro and got fwd, in my mind.

All my previous cars have been Japanese, so the difference in build quality is a massive leap over what I'm used to. the car feels incredibly solid.

I took it up to Kendal on Saturday and averaged 55mpg :)

I love this car!! I'll post some pics when the weather clears up enough to take some and if this site stays up long enough!

Dave

Great news Dave, glad your enjoying the new car.

I've had mine for two weeks now and its great too.

I had a trip to Audi's in the park yesterday and was fairly pleased with my average 42mpg cruising at 70 on the motorway.

Looking forward to seeing the pics, I'll try and get some of mine on here too when its clean again

Neil

Welcome to Audi A4 ownership.

I think my previous experience of not getting quattro on my car haunts many people in the run up to collection.

You can imagine how I felt when I was about to collect the replacement! ;)

Ahh, so it was you, scoTTy. I was worried I'd end up with a 'wrong order' like you!
Funnily enough, I mentioned your experience to the salesman.. He told me that a couple of weeks ago, he handed over an A3. When he pulled off the cover to unveil the car, the customer said 'Where's the other two doors?'

Apparently, he ordered a Sportback, but received a 3 door!

I'm just glad I got what I ordered!

Good to hear all is as order and you are happy.

I picked mine up yesterday, so am knowing that feeling first hand although this is my second spanking new Audi.

They are great cars and the 143 as tight as it is and will be for the first 20k, is entertaing enough.

Enjoy

Here's some pics:-

DSC_0183.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

Dave

That looks lush Dave.
I have just come from a Ph/Black B7 SLine and without a doubt black when shiny will always turn heads.
My Multi is ave'ing 39 on the first tank and I have seen 51 on one trip.
55 is very impressive

Inlays look good also.

Very very nice Bud, enjoy.