Peeling Lacquer

cornishaudi

Reaction score
Hi,
I own a 2008 A4 Avant SE which has developed peeling lacquer on the front bumper and eminates from the parking sensor. The local garage say it is a common problem. Anybody else out there with a similar problem. The car is due in next Monday to be sorted, however this is the second A4 I have owned that has developed this problem. I am not very happy about it as its not the only issue I have had with my last two A4's but that is another story.

car01.jpg

Hey there, I have an A6 2.0 Tdi which had the same problem. I noticed that the front bumper lacqer had started to peel in 2 areas.
I immediately advised Audi and told them I expected it to be dealt with under warranty which it was....I assume yours is being repaired under warranty too?

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the reply. Yes the warranty will cover the work, but i guess that I am really disappointed with the quality of my last two Audi's, so much so

Sorry I didnt quite finish the reply, oops. I was going on to say that I have asked Audi UK and Crawley Audi where I bought the car for my money back. I hasten to add that Crawley Audi are a very good garage and I have no complaints with them.

Just a quick update, due to the build quality problems I have experienced and Audi's lies and inability to sort things out I have purchased a new Mercedes Benz C250 CDI Sport estate. Hopefully you wont receive the same tratment.