JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    Neutral

Status

B8 A4 - Any special editions in the pipeline?

I've got a B7 A4 S-line SE which is currently in the garage and have been given a B8 S-Line. Although the changes are small inside, I really like the half leather interior (compared to my full leather) and general feel.

Bluetooth system seems better, as does the radio and SatNav. Parking brake took a bit of getting used to.

Anyway, coming from a S-Line SE if I was to change I'd want something a bit special again. I know there is an A3 Black edition and a LeMans A6 - anyone know of anything in for the B8 A4?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Not gospel but I think Audi generally only go for 'special edition' models when the model shape is getting on a bit and coming towards the end of its cycle (ie A6 and A3).
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 140 Sport S-Tronic (8P3)

Aruba Blue

Alu Roof Rails*Cruise*BOSE*USB

6th Gear

Status
    I think that the only se for the a4 at the moment is the executive pack which gives you bluetooth low, leather/alcantera sports seats (very nice but hardly sports) 6 cd changer and cruise control.I have this on my mar09 avant.well worth it.
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by john herman View Post
    I think that the only se for the a4 at the moment is the executive pack which gives you bluetooth low, leather/alcantera sports seats (very nice but hardly sports) 6 cd changer and cruise control.I have this on my mar09 avant.well worth it.
    There is an A3 black edition coming out, be nice if they do something like that for the A4.

6th Gear

Status
    Black edition A3 already out, Black edition A4 has been available for the 2010 model available to order april 9th.I took delivery of my a4 march 31st.Bugger.And Id waited months too.
    Pass me my sock

Neutral

Status
    Black edition A3 already out, Black edition A4 has been available for the 2010 model available to order april 9th.I took delivery of my a4 march 31st.Bugger.And Id waited months too.
    I knew the A3 is out, but is there a link to the info on the Black Edition A4?

6th Gear

Status
    Cant find a proper link but its listed in the latest pdf a4 brochure.The Black pack is
    a)Black roof rails (avant)
    b)Black fog surrounds
    c)Black chrome grille surround matt black grille
    d)Black matt door cappings(plain black rubber)

The grille needed to be glossy black so i made my own (chopped two grilles to make one)
    I think that if you are after something like a lemans edition, then Igdos is right in that they are released towards the end of the models like.Be careful tho if considering a new B8...the quality is nowhere near the B7, and if you opt for 19" rims then you cant have 30mill s line lowered suspension, you can only have 20mill sport.That handles like a shopping trolley.Hence why im buggering around trying to bet a new arb for it.Also, dont get the 170tdi, get the 140 and chip it.The 170 has a new ecu and is a bugger to chip.Plus the fuel economy is only 60% of the rated mpg.For that type of mpg i shouls have got the 3.0tdi.And quattro.
    Pass me my sock

Neutral

Status
    Cant find a proper link but its listed in the latest pdf a4 brochure.The Black pack is
    a)Black roof rails (avant)
    b)Black fog surrounds
    c)Black chrome grille surround matt black grille
    d)Black matt door cappings(plain black rubber)

The grille needed to be glossy black so i made my own (chopped two grilles to make one)
    I think that if you are after something like a lemans edition, then Igdos is right in that they are released towards the end of the models like.Be careful tho if considering a new B8...the quality is nowhere near the B7, and if you opt for 19" rims then you cant have 30mill s line lowered suspension, you can only have 20mill sport.That handles like a shopping trolley.Hence why im buggering around trying to bet a new arb for it.Also, dont get the 170tdi, get the 140 and chip it.The 170 has a new ecu and is a bugger to chip.Plus the fuel economy is only 60% of the rated mpg.For that type of mpg i shouls have got the 3.0tdi.And quattro.
    The car I have at the moment is a B8 Avant 2.0TDI 140 with the 19" RS4 style alloys the same as on my B7 special edition (but mine are 18").

I've had it for a week and found it giving the same economy of my 2.0 TDI 170 which I'm pleased about - I get 39mpg average and 44 on a run in mine and this 140 seems to be returning the same.

Nowhere near as powerful and feels very flat and underpowered - I had to check to see it wasnt the 120bhp version. I would say it handles better than my B7 S-Line (but I haven't fitted the ARB mod yet) - but the tyres are 255/35/19 rather then 235/40/18 as on mine.

I much prefer the half leather trim with thick cloth inserts to my full leather. I'm not so keen on the silver on the dash or the big wide center console.

The Bluetooth system is better, Radio is a bit better, love the LED DRL's. Not so keen on the electric handbrake and the starting but I'm sure I'd get used to it.

Not prepared to part with the asking though, I got my 18mth old B7 S-line SE Avant for 1/3 of its list price with 30k on so I'd want a similar deal if I was to change.