New S4 has arrived !!!

Shadowman

Reaction score
Well, it has arrived, and is even better than I dared imagine......what a car.....still running her in, but it is just fantastic already.

Smooth engine, decent ride quality considering it is on 19's, smooth gear-change, loads and loads of torque ( still running her in, so can't test the power yet, but it sure feels like there is plenty there ), looks fantastic in Phantom Black.
Had the full works when I picked her up.....covered in a dust sheet, signs welcoming me to the dealership, picked up from the station....very nice.

I was concerned from reading reports that the engine would be a little bit too quiet, but it sounds perfect to me.....quiet but deep chested when you are cruising or pulling away, but you can hear the music when the revs rise....i really, really, really like this car.

400 miles so-far and I haven't stopped smiling yet.....I will try to get some pics on here once I have worked out how.

dsc00099edit.jpg

dsc00100edit.jpg

dsc00102edit.jpg

dsc00104edit.jpg

dsc00105edit.jpg

Last edited:
Nice...

I pick my car up on Monday at 10am. Not a S4 just a A4 2.0T S-line.

As for photo's just use photobucket, it's quick and simple.

Martin

I have had mine 3 weeks and she is great - I love the gearbox. Some pics on the picture sticky thread :yahoo:

Shadowman - is that a 2010 spec S4? I've not seen one yet. I'm interested to see how the mirrors look in the new shape/style.

No, sorry Scotty, last of the 2009's....I will try to get some pics on here tomorrow.

Sorry guys.....got caught up doing shed roofs and stuff.....pics will be posted tomorrow after work, I promise.

Yes I know, but I didn't expect them to take the site down last night !!!!

They will be posted tonight I promise.....well worth the wait though...:)

OK, pics at last...none of the inside yet, but I will see what I can do at the weekend....super-sports seats in black Nappa with black infills and silver stitching and they look so much better than the red infills I think, but then I would as I chose it !!

You buy that car, MPG goes out the window, trust me.

Actually I have been pleasantly surprised.....to start with, it was a struggle getting more than low 20's but now that she has loosened up ( 6,000 miles ), I regularly get around 30 mpg, and that is when I am not exactly hanging about.
Obviously when you open her up ( and you do.....often ), this drops but as I say I am pleasantly surprised overall.