couple of questions about A4

Effect

Reaction score
I have an 09 A4 1.9TDI estate courtesy car whilst mine is in for a respray.

The Air con wont work, it has dual zone climate control but whenever you press the ECON button the light stays on and I dont get any nice fresh cool air.
Why might this be ?

Also the cruise control doesnt work, I thought the reason for both of these might be that Audi have disabled them both but not sure. :S

Regards
James

......try pressing the Auto button. As for the cruise control I think at some point you have pressed the brake pedal before it will enable.Sorry if this is the obvious. HTH
JohnyT

Hi James

The ECON button means economy, so when the ECOn light is illuminated it means the a/c compressor is turned off. This means that the heating/ventilation system will work just the same but with only ambient air being blown through.

As mentioned, press AUTO and the ECON light will go off and the a/c system will (should) be working.

I can't see why they would have disabled cruise, I am not familiar with the B8 system, but you will have to turn it ON, then press SET (or similar) to set your speed, then either touch brakes/clutch to cancel it (bad habit) or press CANC on the stalk. This will leave the cruise ON, but not SET - you would then just press RESUME to bring the car back to the preset speed.

for the cruise control
pull the lever towards you to turn on.
drive at the speed you wish to set the system to
push the button on end of stalk in to store the speed
to adjust the speed: accelerate to desired speed
push button on end of stalk.

this is the basic operation.To turn it off, press brake or pull lever towards you.
Is there no manual in the glovebox????

There's no ECON button on the B8.

It just says AC instead ;)

sorry I was assuming it was a B8 as it is an 09 plate.
I understand fully how the cruise control works as it is exactly teh same system as my bosses Passat, not bothered about that anyway as i wont need it.

The air con is exactly the same as in my S3 apat from it being dual zone.
The ECON light stays lit wether i press it after/before putting it on auto.