Volks AutosSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reverse

Status

Delivery timescales

Ordered an S-tronic S4 3 weeks ago and have been told my build week was Wk40, now estimated at 36. Nothing firm yet.

Apparantly Audi have S-tronic transmission availability issues.

Just an FYI if anyone thinking of ordering.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Ordered an S-tronic S4 3 weeks ago and have been told my build week was Wk40, now estimated at 36. Nothing firm yet.

Apparantly Audi have S-tronic transmission availability issues.

Just an FYI if anyone thinking of ordering.
    So your delivery has come forward.
    Trev

Reverse

Status
    Yup slightly, but that is still September build, delivery end of.

1st Gear

Status
    Ordered mine last week (manual box) they are saying it could arrive begining September but until the order is confirmed by the factory I just don't know.
    Trev

1st Gear

Status
    Placed order 8th June have just been given build week 29, very quick.
    Trev

Reverse

Status
    No date as yet for mine.

Reverse

Status
    Still showing wk 36 not confimed per my dealer today.

Reverse

Status
    Mine now showing Wk39 not confirmed. Thankfully not as I've just added Sepang Blue and dropped the Black optics! Probably wk 44 now

1st Gear

Status
    Mine now showing Wk39 not confirmed. Thankfully not as I've just added Sepang Blue and dropped the Black optics! Probably wk 44 now
    Didn't think you could change so far into an order.

Trev
    Trev

Reverse

Status
    Mine is not factory confirmed yet Trev.

Reverse

Status
    Audi have confirmed Sepang as my colour and still build week 39!

Reverse

Status
    Now showing week 43 and still not confirmed!

1st Gear

Status
    Now showing week 43 and still not confirmed!
    My car is at the dealership compound I should be collecting by the weekend.
    I have my own plate so slight delay with registration but the dealer tells me the transfers are taking about 4/5 days at the moment, my documents are going to local DVLA office this morning.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.
    Trev

Reverse

Status
    And ordered before you

Not waiting till Sept 1st?

1st Gear

Status
    And ordered before you

Not waiting till Sept 1st?
    No not waiting I intend to keep the car for some time and on private plate so not to bothered about 1st September registration.
    I don't think it should affect the part ex value to much in the long term.

Is Sepang blue a special colour, don't see it in the paint options list ?
    Trev

Reverse

Status
    Yup - Same colour as the RS6 - Audi Exclusive colour.

1st Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=TrevS3;786354]My car is at the dealership compound I should be collecting by the weekend.
    I have my own plate so slight delay with registration but the dealer tells me the transfers are taking about 4/5 days at the moment, my documents are going to local DVLA office this morning.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.[/QUOTE
    You know how you sometimes get that "feeling in your water" that somethings wrong, well I have had that feeling for some time now so made surprise visit to the dealer on Wednesday afternoon.
    The new car sales manager said well timed your car is here, then the bombshell, standard seats fitted instead of supersport in leather, totally gutted.

Rejected car on the spot, new one on order for build week 38, how can they make such a basic mistake.
    Trev

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Gutted

Mistakes get made it would seem, I think it was scoTTY who ordered a quattro and was delivered a Fwd
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Reverse

Status
    Gutted for you Trev, and a new car sooner than mine ordered in May WTF!!!!

Must admit, I've stuck with the sports seats as I like them in the S3.

1st Gear

Status
    Gutted for you Trev, and a new car sooner than mine ordered in May WTF!!!!

Must admit, I've stuck with the sports seats as I like them in the S3.
    Yesterday they had the neck to say they still wanted my car in to sell on as agreed and they would give me an A3 diesel as courtesy car.
    Told them no chance and I will keep the S3 for the duration any any loss on depreciation is their problem, they agreed.
    Only problem is that my car was on a private plate so they now have to pay for it to go on retention, they sent a guy to my house yesterday to swop plates and tax disc.
    Nothing being offerd yet as goodwill gesture, watch this space.
    Trev

6th Gear

Status
    Gutted for you Trev.Have you thought about telling them to stick it and go elsewhere?
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

6th Gear

Status
    Trev - don't expect much in the way of goodwill. I had a bit of a struggle to get anything in compensation for giving me a FWD instead of a quattro. In the end it ended up like this :

I drive around in the FWD until the new one turns up.
    I delay acceptance of the new one buy about two weeks to get the new plate (est about 500 benefit).
    The price increases between me ordering in Jan and the MY2010 car was about 1k. They are paying for the price increase but I'm having to pay for the MY2010 change. So it's about 500 each.

So the only compensation I've got is that I've been driving a new car for a few months and I'll get a MY2010 spec car (which is worth the 500). Of course I've not had any depreciation and I'll get new road tax on the new car but don't expect a load of cash. It really depends where the cock up was. Mine was at the dealers which is where 99% of build errors happen. You'll have more luck if it was a factory issue but if a dealer then that franchise is already out of pocket on the sale so they're no likely to want to throw more money at it.

p.s. Have you paid in full? The procedure is that they should refund all your money except the deposit whilst you're waiting for the car you ordered.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoTTy View Post
    Trev - don't expect much in the way of goodwill. I had a bit of a struggle to get anything in compensation for giving me a FWD instead of a quattro. In the end it ended up like this :

I drive around in the FWD until the new one turns up.
    I delay acceptance of the new one buy about two weeks to get the new plate (est about 500 benefit).
    The price increases between me ordering in Jan and the MY2010 car was about 1k. They are paying for the price increase but I'm having to pay for the MY2010 change. So it's about 500 each.

So the only compensation I've got is that I've been driving a new car for a few months and I'll get a MY2010 spec car (which is worth the 500). Of course I've not had any depreciation and I'll get new road tax on the new car but don't expect a load of cash. It really depends where the cock up was. Mine was at the dealers which is where 99% of build errors happen. You'll have more luck if it was a factory issue but if a dealer then that franchise is already out of pocket on the sale so they're no likely to want to throw more money at it.

p.s. Have you paid in full? The procedure is that they should refund all your money except the deposit whilst you're waiting for the car you ordered.
    The cock up was at the dealer they selected the wrong interior trim code at point of order in spite of all the paperwork showing the correct spec.
    I only paid the deposit, thing is I am happy keeping the S3 rather than a courtesy car but they could throw all sorts of other things in for free like Gap, Extended warranty, Free Service or Autoglym lifeshine and the like.

All minimal cost to them as they make huge profits on some of them if the punter is paying.
    Any bets on me getting anything ?

Trev
    Trev

6th Gear

Status
    You really need to nail it as to whether or not you are going to be compensated by a free service etc before they reorder.Or get your deposit back and go elsewhere.
    Pass me my sock

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by john herman View Post
    You really need to nail it as to whether or not you are going to be compensated by a free service etc before they reorder.Or get your deposit back and go elsewhere.
    Top man is on holiday until Monday will be sorted one way or the other early next week.
    Trev

Reverse

Status
    When I ordered my S3 I specced bluetooth phone in armrest. It turned up with the horrible dash mount, so i got that option for free. The dash mount is was useful for carrying takeaway though

6th Gear

Status
    I think you'll get something. They can sell "your" car as new so shouldn't lose much.

Just don't epect too much. I know a guy who happens to work at an Audi dealer and when I was talking him about my problem he told me of a guy who ordered an A3 S-line and they forgot the S-line package. He ended up with 150.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoTTy View Post
    I think you'll get something. They can sell "your" car as new so shouldn't lose much.

Just don't epect too much. I know a guy who happens to work at an Audi dealer and when I was talking him about my problem he told me of a guy who ordered an A3 S-line and they forgot the S-line package. He ended up with 150.
    Just got back from meeting with dealer, offer is free first service or GAP insurance, don't think that's so bad when you consider the original deal and the fact that I am keeping the S3 until the car arrives.
    Just need to decide which one to take, forgot to ask but is the Audi GAP insurance 3 years or 4 ?
    Trev

5th Gear

Status
    Hummmm...........

Just ordered my S4 on contract hire from a broker........... Doesn't look good for getting what I ordered..!!

But the deal was good, 4 year contract hire with full maintenance 636 per month........ The closest a main dealer got was over 100 more!!
    In my personal opinion

6th Gear

Status
    Hi Trev,
    glad to hear you havent thrown the teddy out of the pram...i think i would have.So its down to best value for you then,....my first service was at 18000 miles and was about 200 squid.So it would be an idea at getting an estimate for a standard first service (im not sure what comes first on the S3 an oil change or a service).As for gap, supplied by audi (using various underwriters) is normally for 3 years as this caters for the guys on contract hire or pcp...Mine was quoted as 350 but i beat them down to 250 for cover up to 30000.However other companies will do up to four years...try this link to get a quote.I was suprised to see that it can be done for cars up to 7 years old!!

http://www.cardepreciationinsurance....gle_policy.asp
    Pass me my sock

1st Gear

Status

It's arrived.

Ordered S4 (second one) on 13th August dealer told me yesterday that it had just come off the boat so should be collecting early next week.

S4 Saloon
    Ice Silver
    Supersport seats black leather
    Parking system rear
    Heated front seats
    Ski Bag with through load
    Tech Pack with cruise
    Tyre pressure monitoring
    Trev

Reverse

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevS3 View Post
    Ordered S4 (second one) on 13th August dealer told me yesterday that it had just come off the boat so should be collecting early next week.

S4 Saloon
    Ice Silver
    Supersport seats black leather
    Parking system rear
    Heated front seats
    Ski Bag with through load
    Tech Pack with cruise
    Tyre pressure monitoring
    Madness, mine is now confirmed wk43 build (3 weeks time)
    Arrived - Audi S4 S-Tronic Avant in Sepang Blue -
    Car History
    07 S3, 96 Rover 214 (interim special), 05 Impreza STi PPP, 04 BMW 330D, 03 Impreza STi PPP, 03 Evolution FQ330, 02 Impreza STi, 01 Impreza WRX, 00 Leon Cupra, 98 Astra Sri, 97 Megane RT, 96 Bravo SX, 93 309 Gld, 90 AX GT, 89 309 SRi, 71 Mini, 85 Samba, 86 Metro 1.0, 85 MG Metro Turbo, 81 Metro 1.3 (My first car )

Neutral

Status
    My dealer rang me today, my car should arrive there on Monday, so I should be picking it up next weeek, woohoo

Reverse

Status
    How long from build to delivery guys? Mine is built this week!
    Car History
    07 S3, 96 Rover 214 (interim special), 05 Impreza STi PPP, 04 BMW 330D, 03 Impreza STi PPP, 03 Evolution FQ330, 02 Impreza STi, 01 Impreza WRX, 00 Leon Cupra, 98 Astra Sri, 97 Megane RT, 96 Bravo SX, 93 309 Gld, 90 AX GT, 89 309 SRi, 71 Mini, 85 Samba, 86 Metro 1.0, 85 MG Metro Turbo, 81 Metro 1.3 (My first car )

Neutral

Status
    I think mine was around 2 weeks.

Reverse

Status
    Thanks Dave, was that from build week or once you had been informed it was built?
    Car History

1st Gear

Status
    Mine was actually off the boat at Port of Tyne a week and a half from end of build week, so by the time they did PDI, delivered to dealer and gave final vallet it was two weeks.
    The car is just the best, I have not even thought about the S3 since driving the S4.
    Trev

Reverse

Status
    Thanks Trev, which one was that

Assume mine will come into Southampton or Bristol, bit farther to sail :D
    Car History

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks Trev, which one was that

Assume mine will come into Southampton or Bristol, bit farther to sail :D
    I think Audi use the isle of sheppey for the southern half of the country, bet you can't wait to get your hands on it.
    Trev

Reverse

Status
    I can't. Killing me.:D
    Car History

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast