Steering Problems A4 S-Line 2.0TDi (143)

raymieherron

Raymie
Reaction score
Hi, bought a brand new A4 S-line TDi (143) in March and since then it has spent 11 days in workshop. Basically the car pulls drastically to the left. i know about road camber and camber setting of the wheels but Audi technicians agree the pull on the car is excessive. Wheel alignment has been scrutinised, to no avail. Steering wheel moves 45 degrees to the left when coming to a stop. car will automatically move into the lane to the left within 3 seconds of letting go of the wheel.
Audi say they can do no more. Has anyone any of the same experience or any advice??

That sucks.Get an independant report, and return the car, for either refund or replacement.This is covered by the sale of goods act.If the dealer is playing up, go to the hq in milton keynes.

Just out of interest, have they swopped the wheels round on the same axle?Thinking about it i had the same symptoms a year ago after having two new tyres on the front.Turned out to be a duff tyre

Thanks John. I had the front 2 alloys replaced just yesterday including new tyres but no difference. How would i go about getting an independent report? the computerised readings for alignment are spot on according to the technicians so it is clear that the fault is beyond that. I definitely will write a detailed letter to MK and get them involved. I'm convinced the car is defective.

The AA or RAC would be a good place to start.Contact your local trading standards office for advice, as there may be other firms to use

Iam getting mad just reading this.
Would be waiting upon a replacement delivery car (brand new that was not defective)
would be driving a courtesty car till such time.
would not have waited this long if I experienced this!
11 days f.f.s.
was the car from your local dealer? or sourced elswhere?