Can you remove A4 B8 Avant front head-rests ???

audidream

Reaction score
Guys, Hi

Is it possible to remove the front headrests from the new Audi A4 (B8) Avant ???
:uhm:

No button to release them is visible and non-removable head rests makes the car useless for long loads.

I found out about this small detail at Ikea with extra long wardrobes

:keule:

Hi

My dads got a B8 Saloon and we tried to remove the front head rests as well, we even asked the people at the dealer ship and they say it cant be done. We found out if a similar way when we tried to get a long ladder in the car.

Thanks for the reply. I also checked with the dealer and the headrest cannot be removed as they are now an integral part of an improved safety system.

I'm all up for safety, but when no-one is seated in the passenger seat and I want to get a long load into my Avant, the headrest should be removeable and the seat should fold almost flat to improve the storage area in length terms.

Room for improvement here Audi. :haudrauf:

No problem at all to remove headrests, you have to know how ! :)

What a useful first post.

It's posted online. I'll try and dig the info out. From what I remember you have to press a button which is within the seat and not marked on the surface.

Also found at IKEA while loading a wardrobe that when front seats are wound forward and pulled forward the head rest rubs the Visor and jams!

Poor thinking audi - also that 40/60 split is back to front meaning the GF had loads of room and the wardrobe had none!

I'm just back from 2 weeks hols I'll try and dig out the fix for this.