19" wheels on S-line with Audi configurator??

Keef

Reaction score
If all goes to plan should hopefully be ordering a S line 2.0 TDI 143 Avant in a couple of weeks - but the configurator won’t let me spec 19" wheels.
I have vague relocations of these not been available with the S-line due to the lowered suspension – not sure if Audi have sorted this out yet? - Anyone else ordered these wheels with this model or heard of this problem?
Also tinted rear windows or black grill and roof rails don’t seem to be available
Does anyone know if this will be soon??

If anyone’s got one of these models or this engine any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Keef

I had a copy of the Audi magazine in the post today, and they have a feature on an S-Line Avant. Its a fully specced press car and still only has 18" wheels, so it does look like the 19" wheels aren't going to be an option :crying:

Guys, Hi

Last week had an A4 A-Line Avant (Ice Silver) delivered with 19" 5 arm double spoke alloys.

Visually the car is stunning, alloys look great, DRLs look aggresive, body styling especially front nose is great.
You can't have the 19" wheels with the S-Line 30mm lowered suspension, but you can have the wheels with the 20mm lowered suspension.

However, the drive is dissappointing on these tyres. The tyres are 'tracky', i.e they tend to follow camber of the road and in country lanes it feels as though the car pulls off into the natural ruts of the road rather than being fully placed by the driver.
The new diesel 2.0 engine is very linear in its power delivery, so although it's incredibly quiet and a total dream around town and normal driving. It lacks the urgency/immediate thrust of the old Audi 2.0 diesel.
Questioning myself now, that I didnt go for the 3.0 litre or at very least the upgraded 200BHP 2.0 version.

Also under heavy acceleration the front end gets light and grip of the front wheels is decreased, losing that confidence you should have in your cars traction. Again, this is under more demanding driving speeds, and in normal use the car is a fantastically composed drive.

Gone for full leather/sat nav which are must have's in my view to improve the interior. Interior looks fab, but very very busy dashboard needs some getting used to.

Gear box in 1st gear is notchy, but expecting that to work itself lose over next 5k miles and famous offset clutch is no problem at all, resulting in a very comfortable driving position.
General interior plastics are of acceptable quality but not breathtaking.

The S-Line has black headlining as standard, so in my view no need for the tinted windows as rear windows already look very dark with standard clear glass.

Overall I'd give the car an 8 out of 10 :applaus:

Sounds nice mate, I am in no way jealous! Have you got any pics yet?

:sign_pics:

Audidream

Your car sounds nice mate - similar to what I should hopefully be ordering but in Monza silver.
Did you just tell the delarership to order the S-line with the sport (20mm) suspension to kep the 19s?

Any chance of some pics?
Got a Saloon 2.0 tdi S line on test drive at the moment until Monday.

I think the quality of the dash plastics are poor compared to the old B7 and arm rest seems a bit weird.

Guys, Hi

Know how useful being able to see other peoples car pics were for me, so hope these interest ya all. Cheers.

audi1ew6.jpg

audi2ai7.jpg

audi3hh5.jpg

audi4kv7.jpg

audi5lp0.jpg

audi6oo8.jpg

audi7zq8.jpg

Be interested to hear how your test drive went... :thumbsup:

For me, the plastics are right on the borderline of acceptable.
Oh yes, forgot to mention that sat nav at £2k should go down to full postcode level, which it currently does not.

(I just spec'd the 19" wheels and the suspension was defaulted to 20mm.)

Cheers.

That looks very nice. Avant is better looking than the saloon

Fantastic looking car there Audidream. The first time I saw ther B8 Avant, I hated it, but clearly it's a grower. :applaus:

WhiteA4 make sure you post some pics up when you get yours, sounds like you've got some great options with that car. :thumbsup: