Chris NottVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

19" wheels on S-line with Audi configurator??

If all goes to plan should hopefully be ordering a S line 2.0 TDI 143 Avant in a couple of weeks - but the configurator won’t let me spec 19" wheels.
    I have vague relocations of these not been available with the S-line due to the lowered suspension – not sure if Audi have sorted this out yet? - Anyone else ordered these wheels with this model or heard of this problem?
    Also tinted rear windows or black grill and roof rails don’t seem to be available
    Does anyone know if this will be soon??

If anyone’s got one of these models or this engine any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Keef
    S4 Avant quattro Black Edition

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I had a copy of the Audi magazine in the post today, and they have a feature on an S-Line Avant. Its a fully specced press car and still only has 18" wheels, so it does look like the 19" wheels aren't going to be an option
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Reverse Gear

Status

S-Line Audi A4

Guys, Hi

Last week had an A4 A-Line Avant (Ice Silver) delivered with 19" 5 arm double spoke alloys.

Visually the car is stunning, alloys look great, DRLs look aggresive, body styling especially front nose is great.
    You can't have the 19" wheels with the S-Line 30mm lowered suspension, but you can have the wheels with the 20mm lowered suspension.

However, the drive is dissappointing on these tyres. The tyres are 'tracky', i.e they tend to follow camber of the road and in country lanes it feels as though the car pulls off into the natural ruts of the road rather than being fully placed by the driver.
    The new diesel 2.0 engine is very linear in its power delivery, so although it's incredibly quiet and a total dream around town and normal driving. It lacks the urgency/immediate thrust of the old Audi 2.0 diesel.
    Questioning myself now, that I didnt go for the 3.0 litre or at very least the upgraded 200BHP 2.0 version.

Also under heavy acceleration the front end gets light and grip of the front wheels is decreased, losing that confidence you should have in your cars traction. Again, this is under more demanding driving speeds, and in normal use the car is a fantastically composed drive.

Gone for full leather/sat nav which are must have's in my view to improve the interior. Interior looks fab, but very very busy dashboard needs some getting used to.

Gear box in 1st gear is notchy, but expecting that to work itself lose over next 5k miles and famous offset clutch is no problem at all, resulting in a very comfortable driving position.
    General interior plastics are of acceptable quality but not breathtaking.

The S-Line has black headlining as standard, so in my view no need for the tinted windows as rear windows already look very dark with standard clear glass.

Overall I'd give the car an 8 out of 10

Status

My Social Networking

Sounds nice mate, I am in no way jealous! Have you got any pics yet?

2nd Gear

Status
    Audidream

Your car sounds nice mate - similar to what I should hopefully be ordering but in Monza silver.
    Did you just tell the delarership to order the S-line with the sport (20mm) suspension to kep the 19s?

Any chance of some pics?
    Got a Saloon 2.0 tdi S line on test drive at the moment until Monday.

I think the quality of the dash plastics are poor compared to the old B7 and arm rest seems a bit weird.
    S4 Avant quattro Black Edition

Reverse Gear

Status

A4 Avant Pics

Guys, Hi

Know how useful being able to see other peoples car pics were for me, so hope these interest ya all. Cheers.

Reverse Gear

Status

A4 Avant

Be interested to hear how your test drive went...

For me, the plastics are right on the borderline of acceptable.
    Oh yes, forgot to mention that sat nav at Ł2k should go down to full postcode level, which it currently does not.

(I just spec'd the 19" wheels and the suspension was defaulted to 20mm.)

Cheers.

5th Gear

Status
    That looks very nice. Avant is better looking than the saloon
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That looks very nice. Avant is better looking than the saloon

Nice looking car mate, I've still not seen an Avant on the road yet

Reverse Gear

Status
    Looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by audidream View Post
    Guys, Hi

Know how useful being able to see other peoples car pics were for me, so hope these interest ya all. Cheers.

'58 B8 A4 Avant
    Ibis White | 19's | Nav | B&O | AMI | Heated & Folding Mirrors | APS | Servo PAS | Light Pack | Storage Pack | Hill Hold | RS4 Mirrors | Tints

4th Gear

Status
    Fantastic looking car there Audidream. The first time I saw ther B8 Avant, I hated it, but clearly it's a grower.

WhiteA4 make sure you post some pics up when you get yours, sounds like you've got some great options with that car.

Reverse Gear

Status

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Marc1 View Post

WhiteA4 make sure you post some pics up when you get yours, sounds like you've got some great options with that car.
    Just about to post some up!
    '58 B8 A4 Avant
    Ibis White | 19's | Nav | B&O | AMI | Heated & Folding Mirrors | APS | Servo PAS | Light Pack | Storage Pack | Hill Hold | RS4 Mirrors | Tints