Heavy Servotronic Steering

aadams1x

Reaction score
Hi,

Took delivery last night of an A4 Avant Petrol for the wife, second hand but really pleased, clean car for a 58 plate :)

I have an A5 Cab with Servotronic steering and it is really light and as soon as my wife got in her new car she noticed how heavy the steering is... is it likely to be heavier (Unlikely) on an a4 than an a5 or could it be the start of an issue... not sure where to start, have a 3 month warranty thing on the car from the dealer but not sure that is worth much!

The 58 plate or earlier b8s had servotronic as an option I think. My old one never had it. Then later on 2009 I think servo came as standard.

as above if its not got servotronic then you will defo notice from the A5

I had a January 10 A5 Convertible and the steering on that car was atrocious compared to the A4.

Thanks for this... does anyone know what the code would be in the sticker in the front of my service book that would denote the servotronic if it was an optional extra? Not sure how else to find out... Cheers

Yup shoot me now... The Servotronic Steering is heavy.... as it doesn't have servotronic steering! Only thought it did due to Autotraders spec sheets when i saw the car for sale... serves me right for not double checking... sorry for wasting your time!

Incidentally Autotrader also said my car had bluetooth... another lie! See other thread!

Yup shoot me now... The Servotronic Steering is heavy.... as it doesn't have servotronic steering! Only thought it did due to Autotraders spec sheets when i saw the car for sale... serves me right for not double checking... sorry for wasting your time!

Incidentally Autotrader also said my car had bluetooth... another lie! See other thread!

AutoTrader just use a generic template for the spec based on the model of the car. I would even bother reading that, just look at what is mentioned in the description and ask the person who is selling the car what it has/does not have.