Change of alloy wheels

Zobware

Reaction score
When I get my Audi I want to change the wheels straight away, the wheels that the car is being delivered with are 18” x 8J “10-spoke” Exclusive design alloy but I just don't really like 10 spoke alloys. Just a personal thing!

Unfortunately the options for a new order from Audi were limited, does anyone have any idea what the offset would be as I have seen some genuine twin 5 spoke 18"x8J but not sure if they will fit? TBH I'm not even sure what the offset means, I don't want to go bigger just prefer 5 spoke wheels.

These are the wheels the car is coming with
uvyne6eb.jpg

Offset is the amount or millimetres that the rim (centre) is offset from the face where the wheels touches the hub, and is usually assumed to be negative I think. This will vary as the wheel width changes, maybe have a look on the Audi website as I'd guess that there will be optional wheels on offer, and their size, width and offset might just be listed there for you to use for reference.

Unfortunately no reference to offset but thanks for explaining what it is

Be careful as A5 and A6 have same PCD and bore size but different offset to A4 B8

Reactions: Zobware
Good point there, "fits A3, A4, A5, A6" does seem to be a standard description!

Edit, on the subject of description, "in good condition, though if you are picky might need a slight touch-up!" - well maybe I was unlucky, but, when I went looking for some 18" 5 spokes for fitting winter tyres to, I bought a reasonably priced set of four, with roughly the above description, what I ended up with was 3-off wheels that needed refurbishing (in my mine) and 1-off wheel that looks like an alloy eating bear had had a right go at it. Also, and something that did not bother me as I was not using the tyres was the fact that all the tyres were okay to use as they were, well 3-off were punctured, two of them were very badly cracked, one had been plugged with the black stuff that quads use, and one was nearly new but a run-flat tyre - it was on the half eaten wheel. I took the hit and moved on, might have contacted the seller but got no response, so I needed to get a fourth wheel, unfortunately the only one available was brand new but at a reasonable price, so I ended up needing to get that one refurbished as well to match the other three wheels. I did understand that buying remotely is a lottery, so beware as one person's description might not quite match your one!

Last edited:
Agree I would like to see before purchasing or at least close up pictures..... Will be buying without tyres as will swap over the tyres that come with the 10 spoke and then look to sell the 10 spoke as virtually new wheels. I will be getting the 5 spokes refurbished anyway as don't expect can get secondhand with no marks. Looks like I can pick them up for about £250 then add refurb of £50 per corner. If I can then sell mine hopefully I might break even!

For what it is worth, I was VERY anti 7 spoke wheels prior to buying my S4 second hand, kind of favouring the 5 double spoke option if possible, after buying the car, I sort of got to prefer the 7 spoke over the 5 double spoke, so felt I was lucky. Though as said above, it was 5 spokes 18" I went for deliberately for winter use as they are easier to clean and you can get your hand through to clean the inside! I must admit that I did consider new 7 spoke copies in 18" for winter use, though feel I'm lucky that after looking into it, they all seemed to be okay to fit any Audi of any age - now that can not be right!