Chrome Tail pipe ends

Reaction score
I read that these can be removed on the s4, so has anyone found any tips that can replace the standard twin pipes to something maybe more shiny or oval?

I remember someone mentioned getting a custom made, but dont really want to go down that route.
Definitely dont want to change the exhaust now as i like the stealthyness of my current standard exhaust, but looking at the back i think the standards just let it down a little

Oh go on, you know you must have Milltek big single ovals, seriously, if you can do without getting a Milltek system, I have seen some reasonable lookalike ones, but can't say where, keep searching!

The twin pipe on mine is chrome and very shiny .... they are std Audi ones.

Is your car an S-Line? Mine were dirty when i got my car but a quick clean and nice shiny chrome! :)

Might just buy some replacement ones as despite serious cleaning mine still look rough!

Did you use metal wool and a metal polisher after? My tailpipes were brown when I bought mine, I didn't even realise it was chrome but after a good scrub it came out nice and shiny. :D

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/213276-few-questions.html#post2121135

2014 03 08 163230

Last edited:
Yeah I did, was some I couldn't quite remove so maybe I should have another go!!
Looking at it from a distance I just don't think the twin pipes fill the space enough so maybe that's why I think they appear darker. I was driving the mrs's car and following the other day and it struck me how crap they looked, whether that because filthy again or something else !