JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dpaz

Thread: Viseeo Tune2air

Neutral

Status

Viseeo Tune2air

Hi

Looking at one of these due to the lack of streaming. Are they any good and do they work whilst the phone is hooked up to this and the blue tooth.

Cheers
    Virge

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Depends on the phone.

Surely if you're buying the Tune2Air you have AMI fitted? Why not just plug the phone in using the cable then connect the BT to the car as norma

I read somewhere that the Tune2Air only supports Apple? No?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a6-chris View Post
    I read somewhere that the Tune2Air only supports Apple? No?
    Assuming the firmware of the Tune2Air is reasonably up to date (which assuming its purchased recently it should be) Tune2Air will also support Android devices.

I have tested this with my unit which I updated myself. I had to update my unit as I purchased it about 18 months ago.

Most phones will support dual bluetooth profiles. One profile for telephone/voice calls and another profile for music streaming. You will need to pair the phone to both devices. My iPhone 5 works fine with both.

The Tune2Air units are great value for money and I would highly recommend them.
    a6-chris and jaygemson like this.
    Genuine Ross-Tech VCDS Owner - Lincolnshire & Humber Area

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaz View Post
    Assuming the firmware of the Tune2Air is reasonably up to date (which assuming its purchased recently it should be) Tune2Air will also support Android devices.

I have tested this with my unit which I updated myself. I had to update my unit as I purchased it about 18 months ago.

Most phones will support dual bluetooth profiles. One profile for telephone/voice calls and another profile for music streaming. You will need to pair the phone to both devices. My iPhone 5 works fine with both.

Thanks chum!

2nd Gear

Status
    Further information from ViseeO WMA1000 product page:

Now also works with Android phones, Windows Phone 8 devices, 3rd party music apps such as Sportify and Pandora, iPod docking stations (tune2air software version V3.17 and above).
    One downside however is that when using a non-Apple device there is no playlist functionality displayed on MMI screen for you to scan through Albums/Artists etc.
    Genuine Ross-Tech VCDS Owner - Lincolnshire & Humber Area

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaz View Post

Cheers mate just the info I needed!

5th Gear

Status
    The only downside with them is if you want to listen to music and you have two phones that are synced to it, you have to turn off the bluetooth in the phone that you don't want to listen to. You also have to turn off when using hands free otherwise it plays the music in the background of the call
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishS3 View Post
    The only downside with them is if you want to listen to music and you have two phones that are synced to it, you have to turn off the bluetooth in the phone that you don't want to listen to. You also have to turn off when using hands free otherwise it plays the music in the background of the call
    Mmmm this doesn't sound good......

5th Gear

Status
    Don't get me wrong it's still a great bit of kit and well worth it!
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit