Finance!

ERBY

Supercharged Member
Reaction score
After much deliberation & thoughts about spec etc I made contact with Orangewheels but feel like I've fallen at the first! Maybe its me but I found it difficult to absorb & understand the finance details being given to me over the phone & they are not permitted to put them in writing (call me old fashioned) as they are not a registered financial body. Do I just let their info wash over me & discuss the finer points with the dealer?
I intend on keeping the car at the end of the term so I dont want pcp's to be my only option, is it the case that both the Internet deals (orange/carwow etc) and the Audi contributions are only available with Audi's pcp solutions finance?
What have you guys done?
:think:

I personally took out a PCP deal to benefit from the audi contribution but tailored it to suit my needs, so have a very small balloon payment. Think it was £1000 after 4 years but I put a large deposit down. And that's on a brand new a4 black edition.

You'll find lots of information on the internet with a simple search in google!

When you go through Orange wheel, once you leave your details and they put you in touch with the dealer, the dealer will then give you a finance quote based on whatever you want to do.
But as mentioned before you can set a very low final payment to benefit from the finance contribution by Audi UK

I went through carwow who managed to get a much better price from my local dealer than Orangewheels. Also all via the internet so when you have received your quotes it is just a call to the dealer who will be happy to go through all the finance options. I went for PCP as Audi contribution covered all interest of finance and still managed to get £30k car for £23k. Audi contribution is only available if you take PCP

You have good advice already mentioned above, but for what its worth - I used Drive The Deal to get my price, then went to various Audi branches to get them to match/get as close as, in the end I dealt directly with my local dealer but used the websites to drive the price down.

I did mine on PCP to get the £1,900 Audi contribution, which when these websites like drivethedeal/orangewheels and so on give you a price it mentions this contribution. To be honest, from what you are saying you have two options:

PCP finance and take the £1,900 contribution
Bank loan and have no contribution
.........or if wealthy enough cash outright :laugh:

I don't know how the others work, but with drivethedeal if you decide to use them they put the price out to tender basically with Audi, then a dealer willing to build the car at that price then agrees to take you on as a customer. Audi pay drivethedeal the finders fee and thats it, you deal directly with that dealership - end of. So your finance agreement and everything is with Audi direct so you can discuss all your finer details. Not sure how carwow and orange work, I guess a similar way??

PCP is flexible, HP is not. PCP goes with the driver and HP is against the car - thats my understanding.

You have good advice already mentioned above, but for what its worth - I used Drive The Deal to get my price, then went to various Audi branches to get them to match/get as close as, in the end I dealt directly with my local dealer but used the websites to drive the price down.

This is what I did too. I'd recommend it as you get most of the discount but get local backup should you need it.