Projector headlights?

Brennan

Former Audi Driver
Reaction score
Would love to get a set of projector headlights for my car, tidies up the front end. I have looked and cannot find any aftermarket ones for the B8, plenty for the B7 though.

Why is there no market on these? The B8 is a 6yr old design after all

I tried 2 types of aftermarket projectors on my old B7, both were utter rubbish. Poor light output, so ended up going with OEM bi-xenons. I'm guessing any aftermarket B8 ones just wouldn't make the grade pal

a projector lense with a set of HIDs would be ok mate, ive used aftermarket in the past

It might be worth contacting Trups (T8ups), sponsor on here, he had a projector conversion made for the B7, very cheap but very very good, not sure if he has done for the B8 tho, but may be on the cards

I don't think they made one them for the B8 as theres oem ones out there
unlike the B7 they never made oem so there was a market for them.

Reactions: Macdoon
You could get factory xenon lights as an option on the B7, very few cars had them though.

sorry I ment DRL's

so if i was crazy enough to buy OEM xenon lights, i know they take something like a D3S Bi-Xenon HID bulbs.

But if i go to MOT with these new Xenon Headlights, i will get a Fail because no washer jets in bumper..

Can i fit halogen bulbs into these headlights or will they only take the xenon D3S bulbs?

so if i was crazy enough to buy OEM xenon lights, i know they take something like a D3S Bi-Xenon HID bulbs.

But if i go to MOT with these new Xenon Headlights, i will get a Fail because no washer jets in bumper..

Can i fit halogen bulbs into these headlights or will they only take the xenon D3S bulbs?

iv never had a problem BUT
they may fail you may not.
from what I understand and a few mates in the biz they say IF the washers are fitted they must work but that's just my understanding of it.