Having a dilemma about colour after placing order.....

Zobware

Reaction score
I ordered the A4 last week and now having a dilemma about the colour I picked.... I chose Dakota Grey but a couple of people I have shown say it looks brown (only from internet pics they have seen). I only saw the car inside the showroom so have never actually seem it in natural light

The other colours I was torn between were Glacier Metallic White or Monsoon Grey. It is not too late to change the colour but don't know what to do. Stick or change?

What do people think of the Dakota Grey? Does it look brown as I do not want a brown car.....

All views appreciated

Personally I prefer monsoon grey, iv only seen pics of Dakota online but it doesn't look brown to me.
Glacier white is a fantastic colour with a flip depending on the light.
Monsoon :)

I have just moved ober from a Dolphin Grey B7 to an Ibis White B8, atm definately preferring the white, but in all honesty it's a hard choice pal... good luck

The light grey (not sure of the name) is stunning. The darker grey doesn't look good when the weather is overcast or raining.

Before I went to see my car I asked him what sort of grey Lava Grey was. He said it looked brown in certain lights which instantly made me wonder whether I wanted to go and see it. I took the plunge and on arrival was really pleased with the couloir. It's grey in the light and black in the dark. I have however seen mine and many other Lava Greys around in a hint of brown, but that's mainly because we drive on a lot of country roads!!!

I would try to find one in the colour you are looking at to convince yourself that it is the right colour.

Get yourself to a couple of dealers (go online for thier used stock) to see if they have one in dakota that you can see in natural light. If you dont and you are not happy when it comes, it will be your itch. Colour is too subjective to take other peoples opinions on.

Went back to the dealer today and they pulled the A7 they have in Dakota outside so I could see it. Decided it is the right colour, it changes in different light from a grey with a hint of gold to a gun metal grey. Really does depend on the angle you are viewing from and the light conditions. White would have been an easy choice but it seems everyone is driving white cars and with the roads where I live it would need washing daily..... Now need to just sit back and relax......

Went back to the dealer today and they pulled the A7 they have in Dakota outside so I could see it. Decided it is the right colour, it changes in different light from a grey with a hint of gold to a gun metal grey. Really does depend on the angle you are viewing from and the light conditions. White would have been an easy choice but it seems everyone is driving white cars and with the roads where I live it would need washing daily..... Now need to just sit back and relax......

I considered a TT in Dakota grey a few years ago but couldn't satisfy myself to go through with it in the end. It is definitely a browny grey to my eyes. Think it will look of on an A4 not so sure on a S4 to be honest. Very much a colour for the American market with all the chrome trim ect dread to think what a black edition in Dakota would look like.
Daytona Grey on the other hand is a very nice metallic grey.

This is only my opinion and definitely not saying buy this don't buy that, but you are asking the question.

Even after yesterday and going back and thinking yes Dakota was the right colour I was left ensure overnight so something in me was not 100%. I have today phoned the dealer and changed to Monsoon Grey and feel much happier now with this choice. The dealer can't confirm the change until the morning but expects it to be fine as my build week is not until the end of July.

Dealer has just confirmed colour change to Monsoon Grey, feeling relaxed so must have made the right decision....

Reactions: RobbieWebs