5 segment spoke vs rotor design

ERBY

Supercharged Member
Reaction score
Am currently specing and am interested in your thoughts between these two 19" choices on a black edition - my head is saying rotor because of the brake dust camouflage...but my test drive had the 5 seg' design & I thought they looked nice.
Anybody had same dilemma? pros..cons?
cheers.

Depends on your exterior colour IMHO

Red or White go with rotors

Black or Blue go with segments

My reasoning for this is red and white will contrast well with the black wheels whereas black and black is not enough contrast. And blue just tends to clash with black.

Reactions: warren_S5
Cleaning-wise I would say rotor. And the rotors look good on black too ;-)

If wheels look good, they are worth cleaning the brake dust from :) however if the pads and discs are decent, you shouldt get so much brake dust anyway

Segments as less common.

Reactions: TahirS
I swapped the rotors for the 5seg. As commented above - less common. Also look a bit classier I think.

What do the segment wheels look like? Do you have any pictures?

The rotor wheels are nice and suit the car but are very common though

Oh are they not s5 wheels? They look great and would be my choice over the rotors

I think you can get these on all the models - up to 21's on the Q7.

I'm pleased with them and they're easy to clean if you buy a small brush for in between the spokes.

If the car was white I would have stuck with the rotors though for impact.

The wheels I had on my Saab 9-3 were scirocco-R wheels, very similar to these and they always got mistaken for Audi wheels

Last edited:
They look nice, the worry is cleaning as the rotors I think will be good at disguising...the only carrier I keep seeing them on are Q7's but rare on 'normal' cars!

Reactions: TahirS
...btw, for those owners with 19's and damper control is the ride decent enough in comfort mode?

They look nice, the worry is cleaning as the rotors I think will be good at disguising...the only carrier I keep seeing them on are Q7's but rare on 'normal' cars!

I agree on mainly seeing them on "Q" cars, one S4 I was looking at on the web had them, but I'm now glad that I did not get that car as in real life IMHO, they really look best on SUV type cars.

Having previously dismissed having "7 double spoke" wheels as the hubs have 5 fixing bolts, I've come to like my "7 double spoke" 19" for summer use and 5 spoke 18" for winter use.

Reactions: ERBY