New owner today! Sline gear trim question

sycook

Reaction score
Hi All,

New owner of an Sline as of this morning, i brought car but there is bad wear on the silver plastic surround gear stick. It looks like owner let his children jab keys in it! Rest of car is lovely so would like to replace this, is it easy job / pricey? Can i get this bit on own does anyone know.

Many thanks in advance for info :)

Sy

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Sy, welcome to audi-sport.net. Look forward to pics of the car. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Thanks for welcome and thanks Point_Audi for the link really really useful! Another silly newbie question as not picked up the car do they all have SD slot for music? Its 2009 Sline b8.

Hi sycook and welcome to the forum, I would of thought you could pick up a decent surround off fleabay, I would do a search on there first otherwise it a main dealer job I think and won"t be cheap. As for the second question regarding the sd slot, I think you will have one? Mines a 2008 s line with the Audi Concert head unit and has one so cannot see yours not having one.

Thanks Paul ok next dumb / newbie question bearing in mind I only got a quick look during test drive where is it located lol!

I see!!! Ok will look when I pick it up cheers Paul. All I noticed was aux in headphone jack in armrest.

Last edited:
Brennan TDI,
I'm not sure what model or year of your car, not an expert, mines 2008 S line with Audi Concert, it does not have Aux, but as you can see from pic deffo has the SD slot. If you haven't got the car yet just check front of the head unit for a similar sd slot. :icon_thumright:

Brennan TDI,
I'm not sure what model or year of your car, not an expert, mines 2008 S line with Audi Concert, it does not have Aux, but as you can see from pic deffo has the SD slot. If you haven't got the car yet just check front of the head unit for a similar sd slot. :icon_thumright:

Mine is a 2008 B8 SE with factory roof fin aerial :)

Im not sure about the SE model mate,:think: someone else may come along and help you here, What head unit do you have? and have you looked on the front for similar SD Slot?

Mine took 6 cds i wonder if that means no SD for me!

Mine takes the 6 CD's and also has the SD slot

Thank you for link buddy but its the other silver bit the much bigger bit... few on ebay.

Does anyone know if the center console that goes round the gear stick is the same as the estate?