S4 & V6T no more!

benjie

Reaction score
Swindon - home of the 'Magic' Roundabout.
Just a quick set of pics in case anyone is considering it. I was getting fed up of punks in their base model BMWs trying it on, so decided to take off the S4 badge at the back. Also replaced the V6T on the side as I find it annoying, what with the car not having a 'T!'

Enjoy...

Before

After

Supercharger badges (went with carbon to match the interior/contrast the red)

Reactions: THQuattro, Chop., Jay.Ing and 4 others
They look so much better! Cant wait to get my supercharged badges on.
How was the job, did you use the templates? Just been reading warrens post about fitting the badges.
Car looks really good mate, very clean!

Thanks Keef, job was easy... getting the adhesive of the others off was the toughest bit, as always. I used WD40 and a plastic scraper. Then a DA polisher to make sure the paintwork was spot on, then fitted. I used the cut out guide and it was easy, here's a link if you need it... https://www.dropbox.com/s/2wbpwbxgybuqus4/SuperchargedBadgeTemplate.pdf

Also, it's not very clean at all, the wheels especially are stressing me out but I have a bad back at the moment, so can't really do them - I needed a chair for all this sticker removal!

Reactions: Keef
I'm tempted by an S4 tbh, just the MPG for my work is the killer.

I'm tempted by an S4 tbh, just the MPG for my work is the killer.

Do it!
After 3 years of a 3.0TDi - my millage has dropped sufficiently to justify this:-

Picking up on Friday

Reactions: agentjay, AdamZA, DAYTONA 500 and 2 others
I know but I do allot of miles, we'll see if heart or head wins this one lol

Reactions: Keef
I can imagine you do a fair few miles mate.

On a separate mater, i could do with testing you AMI retro fit knowledge mate. Can i drop you a pm sometime?

Nice job.
It does worry me why Audi had put a 'T' in the badge, should be 'V6-S'.
Do like the supercharged badge though, is it from another model Audi or eBay jobbie of some sort?

Keef, get the dealer to take the V6T badges off for you, I bet they'd do it for free as it was a no cost "option"
Nigel... 20mpg , 25 if I'm very good!
That's not bad, I do 25-30mpg daily driving. (2.0T Quattro stronic)

Nice job.
It does worry me why Audi had put a 'T' in the badge, should be 'V6-S'.
Do like the supercharged badge though, is it from another model Audi or eBay jobbie of some sort?
I suspect the T is for Twin - twin rotors on the supercharger and two separate inter coolers. Alternatively, maybe it's cheaper for Audi to not bother redesigning the badge to S. Better without the V6T badge either way, whatever the reason.

I think read on an American forum somewhere that the the T represents Audi's standard marking of it's direct injection petrol engine, as in TFSI or something.

The Supercharged badge is taken from the C6 A6 I believe, badged 3.0 TFSI on the back with the supercharged badges on the wings. Though they're usually red, the black/carbon was limited edition... but how 'limited' They are I don't know! Part number (for the black/carbon) is 4F0 853 601.

And I think I read somewhere that the T moniker in VAG-speak denotes forced induction (of any kind).

Should really do some digging to find out which is the real truth.

Supercharger badges look a huge improvement from the rather arbitrary V6T badges. Nice job and good colour combo, carbon look great on the red.

Keef, car looks stunning chap, roll on collection day!

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Maybe on the back, I wouldn't on the front.

I believe the supercharge badges are standard on US models?

keef - I'm completely sold now on Daytona...looks great 'well jeal'!!

Love the supercharger badges, can't decide whether to go some myself. Where has anyone got the black rear rings from?

The Supercharged badges look great especially in black, as for the boy racers having a pop when they see the S4 symbol I'm not so sure removing it is the answer, after all the 4 pipes popping out the rear are far more visible.

Just to clarify, the "T" is to denote the TFSI technology which reduces emissions, increases power and fuel economy.

3.0 litre V6 TFSI

The FSI part is very clever and combined with forced induction it creates Turbo fuel stratified injection (TFSI). Its very clever hence why Audi feel they need to highlight it in the badge. Its avail on a few of the powertrains and the FSI part is famous for being on the B7 RS4 4.2 taking the old 4.2 v8 from the B6 S4 and adding an extra 74 BHP (340 to 414 or 344ps to 420ps, pet hate when ps figures are quted as bhp figures - 1bhp = 0.987ps) and increased fuel economy, although its not just the FSI part and is helped by other modifications and technologies. Just FSI is said to increase power by as much as 15 percent.

Instead of trying to explain it further, here is the Wiki info:

Turbo fuel stratified injection (TFSI) denotes a type of forced-aspiration ("turbo") engine where the fuel is pressure-injected straight into the combustion chamber in such a way as to create a stratified charge. FSI (VAG) direct injection technology increases the torque and power of spark-ignition engines, makes them as much as 15 percent more economical and reduces exhaust emissions.

Some advantages of TFSI engines:

Better fuel distribution and better fuel charge inside the combustion chamber
During the injection process the fuel gets evaporated, cooling the cylinder chamber
Higher compression ratios, which translates into more power
Increased fuel combustion efficiency
Higher power during pick-up of vehicle.

Audi di stratified

So basically the T is is part of the overall induction technology title, not specific to turbo's or superchargers.

For me, the OEM badge is the correct one, but the supercharged badges do look good.

I'll see how I feel when I get mine, currently stills searching (5 months so far) for the right B7 RS4 but beginning to think the right choice would be a B8 S4 to replace the B6 S4.

Sorry for the long winded write up, had to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chop.
The Supercharged badges look great especially in black, as for the boy racers having a pop when they see the S4 symbol I'm not so sure removing it is the answer, after all the 4 pipes popping out the rear are far more visible.

That's what I wondered too. Surely 4 pipes says "not a plain A4". :)

By the way, the Supercharged badge is part of the "Aluminum Optic Trim Package" for 2010 S4 onwards (US only).

This included the badges and some aluminum trim along the lower sill a bit like B6 and B7 door blades but in aluminum and lot thinner which Audi called "sabers", $529 fitted.

SCAN0030

Last edited:
That's what I wondered too. Surely 4 pipes says "not a plain A4". :)

Well, I've got Milltek, the big oval version, though as said already, my car gets "checked over" regularly by Scooby Doo secondhand owners as they have spotted the grill badge.

Reactions: scotty76
Well obviously, but I think that most people don't know the exhaust options on the B8 so will think of it as a 'plain' red Avant.

With all due respect I wouldn't say Chavs are normal people where cars are concerned, don't they portray to know more about cars than anybody else ?

I agree.
But it's not the big exhaust-Lexus lighted chavs I'm on about. It's the older people (late 20s, early 30s) in BMW 116/118, Golf V GTI, Mini Cooper etc. that I was getting trouble with.

I've driven about 450 miles since the removal and have noticed a difference.

I agree.
But it's not the big exhaust-Lexus lighted chavs I'm on about. It's the older people (late 20s, early 30s) in BMW 116/118, Golf V GTI, Mini Cooper etc. that I was getting trouble with.

I've driven about 450 miles since the removal and have noticed a difference.

To be honest I can see where you're coming from. I had only yesterday a golf gti mk6 come screaming towards me from the rear on the A41 and once right up my **** he must have figured out that he wouldn't have much chance if I pressed on, then gently eased right off.
Suppose I had a more sensible one.

Bit of a thread revival! can anyone tell me the part numbers for the non-black supercharged badges?

No probs!

benjie, some time could you measure the overall length of your genuine supercharger badges as I bought 2-off badges from ebay about a year ago, I have done nothing with them yet, and now I'm concerned that they might be smaller than the real thing!

Thanks!

Thanks for that, another few months will not make much difference! Plus I can get mine out and measure them and post that size in case they are different, might save someone buying them!

Thanks for that, another few months will not make much difference! Plus I can get mine out and measure them and post that size in case they are different, might save someone buying them!

I haven't fitted my OEM badges yet as I was waiting for my car to be detailed, due to fit them this weekend (weather permitting)
I can measure them tonight if it helps? might be a bit easier as they're off the car.

Yes please, good idea, thanks for that, also maybe the height as well?

Maybe confirm the part number as well please?

Okay, my ebay specials, ie "DLV CHROME" are 105mm X 25mm both measurements taken at the extremes of the badges.

Yes please, good idea, thanks for that, also maybe the height as well?

Maybe confirm the part number as well please?

Keef, I think that I was being stupid about confirming the part number, that has already been quoted as being 4F0 853 601A 2ZZ (for the RED version), though has anyone ordered them in directed from their local Audi dealer?

Just a quick BUMP BUMP about the sizes though!