S4 & V6T no more!

Okay, I make it 103mm in width across the middle. The little square is 32mm from top to bottom.

Thanks for that, so my "lookie likie" ones are quite close to the real thing, I'm still very tempted just to order up the real thing though.

One other thing that I had thought about was to fit one of these badges (the real ones) just below the S4 logo on the boot lid and stagger it so that the "red square" is below and to the right of the S4 one, just a thought, though I can't do that with the "lookie likie" ones as the red is a different colour!

My car is deep sea blue, I'm sticking with the RED and black badges.

I'd take off the S4 logo & replace it with a supercharged badge. Not both.

Right, I've been in hiding for an hour now after that "knock back" - okay, two Red squares near each other might not look good!

I have now removed that idea form my list of things to do.

In my defence, I seem to remember that my Cavalier GSI 4X4 had lots of badges on its boot lid GSI + 2000 + 16V + 4X4 all officially stuck on there by Opel in their special assembly plant in Belgium ? These guys knew how to offload lots of badges.

I think the "killer" for that idea was that I would have ended up with two shades of reds - both "squares" different reds!!

Maybe a "supercharged" only "silver" badge with black or preferably red infill, filled below the boot mounted S4 badge would be okay?

Rum4mo

Please accept my apologies, weekend was complete wipe out for me as I was ill.
Glad Benjie got it sorted for you. Again Sorry!

Rum4mo

Please accept my apologies, weekend was complete wipe out for me as I was ill.
Glad Benjie got it sorted for you. Again Sorry!

Not a problem at all, I'm not doing anything quickly!

Hope you are now fit for Monday!

Hi all, I am also looking at swopping the V6T badges for the supercharged ones, but am not sure about them 'reading' from left to right. I know the V6T badges are 'handed' and am concerned that they Supercharged badges are not........... or are they? Or am I just being fussy?

The V6 T badges are not handed, they are identical - just been out to the garage to check! I do agree that I was worried a bit about a "symbol" being at the front on one side and on the rear on the other, but, when you think that Audi in USA, but still no doubt with Audi HQ's design blessing, use that same badge on a special series of S4 then you must think that it can be okay.

I'd reckon S-Line badges are the same as will be similar badges from other marques, I just think that planning a change, rightly so makes you stop and think, but I'd reckon that eventually you would fall in line and consider that it is okay.

The V6 T badges are not handed, they are identical - just been out to the garage to check! I do agree that I was worried a bit about a "symbol" being at the front on one side and on the rear on the other, but, when you think that Audi in USA, but still no doubt with Audi HQ's design blessing, use that same badge on a special series of S4 then you must think that it can be okay.

I'd reckon S-Line badges are the same as will be similar badges from other marques, I just think that planning a change, rightly so makes you stop and think, but I'd reckon that eventually you would fall in line and consider that it is okay.
O.K., I agree that the V6T badges are not 'handed', but are not 'identical' in appearance, i.e. the V is next to the drivers door on the offside, whereas the T is next to the passengers door on the nearside. This is what is was trying to say, that there is no 'symbol' (red square, or parrallelogram if we are being pedantic) to draw ones attention.
Sorry if my written communication is not up to (your) standard.

Sorry if my written communication is not up to (your) standard.

Oh, you've lost me there, anyway, you will not get me spelling parallelogram without a spell checker - oh so we have one! Maybe you are saying that I wrote something properly, well there is a first for me, thanks!

Does that mean that you are going to your local Audi dealer to order in a couple of badges, I'd think that will be as cheap or cheaper than getting them from China via ebay, the correct part number is on this forum - maybe we should get in quick before they end up on back order.

Of course there seems to be a plain "supercharged" badge I think (non VAG) for the wings, and a (blue) MRC badge for the rear after you've been down to get the work done, know what I mean. I believe that one of the guys at MRC, maybe the top one, comes from Central Scotland - or so I've been told!

I will be adding an MRC badge at some point next year.

With regards to the badges being left/right handed - I thought about this when fitting, but you don't see both sides at once so its not a problem for me.

I guarantee the badges will be cheaper from China/eBay as the dealer ones require a mortgage, £30 I think!

I did this job yesterday, using genuine Audi parts. I used the template which is easy to find online, and print off. The badges read left to right (as you look at it) on both wings when stuck on correctly.
The finished article looks so much better!

I did this job yesterday, using genuine Audi parts. I used the template which is easy to find online, and print off. The badges read left to right (as you look at it) on both wings when stuck on correctly.

Oh, you've lost me there, anyway, you will not get me spelling parallelogram without a spell checker - oh so we have one! Maybe you are saying that I wrote something properly, well there is a first for me, thanks!

Sorry, and there's me thinking this was a friendly and helpful forum. Oh well, you know what is said about sarcasm?

And, talking of sarcasm, are you sure that your statement, "Maybe you are saying that I wrote something properly, well there is a first for me, thanks!", is grammatically correct? I'm not one to split hairs, but ...................

Sorry, and there's me thinking this was a friendly and helpful forum. Oh well, you know what is said about sarcasm?

And, talking of sarcasm, are you sure that your statement, "Maybe you are saying that I wrote something properly, well there is a first for me, thanks!", is grammatically correct? I'm not one to split hairs, but ...................

It is a happy friendly forum - you started this, I was just engaging in a typical bit of Scottish banter - or are you not Scottish, remember we tend to be able to laugh at ourselves and maybe others.

Please don't turn my thread into something like the Audizine forum, where people snipe at each other for no good reason.
Again, sorry. It's just that I don't appreciate sniping from the sidelines, when all I was trying to do was comment on the thread under discussion. Let peace be declared!

Another question regarding part numbers, I know that there are two, "4F0 853 601A" and "4F0 853 601A 2ZZ chrome" - from benjie's posting, it seems like "4F0 853 601A 2ZZ" is for the carbon fibre effect ones and so hopefully "4F0 853 601A" is for the chrome and red ones - can you confirm that please?

Just ordered a set for mine as got fed up of people asking if it's a turbo and also I think the supercharged badges look pretty cool! Decided to go for the red version as thought it would look good on white.

Thanks for all the info in the post :icon_thumright:

Just remove the badges and leave them off, clean lines, easier cleaning, no snobbery.

Reactions: rabhrab
How you pulling them off, cotton wool or something to cut em off?

Lots of heat and dental floss for me (all I had in the house), then WD40 to clean the area up. Look further up the thread as I'm sure someone had a good way to take badges off without any sticky residue.

How you pulling them off, cotton wool or something to cut em off?

I think a hairdryer, or hot-air gun (carefully!) to soften the adhesive tape, then slide some strong cotton ( or dental floss ) between the bodywork and the badge. That should do it.

Reactions: benjie
I thought the supercharged badges were a std S4 fixture in the US but looking at some of the vehicles in the US forum galleries some have V6T?? - Are some of these guys lusting after EU badges as we are their's?? - Im confused.

I thought the supercharged badges were a std S4 fixture in the US but looking at some of the vehicles in the US forum galleries some have V6T?? - Are some of these guys lusting after EU badges as we are their's?? - Im confused.

No, I think that it was just for a special edition run, I think they also had silver "blades" instead of body coloured ones.(others knowledge not mine!)

Though your logic is sound!

No, I think that it was just for a special edition run, I think they also had silver "blades" instead of body coloured ones.(others knowledge not mine!)

Though your logic is sound!

Yep was an American thing, Introduced in the Jason Statham Super Bowl ad, the Supercharged badges were offered as part of a dealer installed Silver optic kit from Audi of America accessories.

Europaparts. US $42 each. Plenty of them out there. Waiting for mine at moment. These guys usually deliver good quality. Carbons are cheaper than the red ones at the moment. ECS is the other way around pricewise.

Nice job I like it

But I think you boys are missing the point, these types of people you talk about don't even get the chance to pass me ! I'm usually chasing them down first :blackrs4: use it :imp:

Reactions: xpoweruk