Remote Tailgate Avant Problem

johnnythepie

Reaction score
Hi peoples.
Need some advice here re the above. Some helpful family ttwat (despite bieng warned several times) closed my tailgate manually instead of by the tailgate button. Now the gate will only open halfway. I need to know if there is an easy fix or if its knackered.Any replies welcomed (including suggestions on what I should do to the ttwat) Thanks

I had that problem. I let mines open half way then pushed it fully open. Then used tail gate button. Not the best advice but worked for me.

Sorry if this is an obvious question....
But has the said 'ttwat' inadvertently just reset the opening height as oppose to ****** it up completely?
Hopefully this is the case and you can just move it back to the correct height and set it.

The twatt had just pushed the gate down forcibly without touching anything else.However a quick word with the dealer told me how to fix it myself. The height of opening can be reset by yourself by
1.Raise tailgate to desired opening height.
2.Hold gate in position whilst pushing button for 5 seconds or until hazard lights flash.
3.Voila.
Thankfully worked for me.Wish I knew about this years ago, would have saved me several bumps on me spud lol.Thanks for your reply

The twatt had just pushed the gate down forcibly without touching anything else.However a quick word with the dealer told me how to fix it myself. The height of opening can be reset by yourself by
1.Raise tailgate to desired opening height.
2.Hold gate in position whilst pushing button for 5 seconds or until hazard lights flash.
3.Voila.
Thankfully worked for me.Wish I knew about this years ago, would have saved me several bumps on me spud lol.Thanks for your reply

Ah thought it might be that mate, I remember reading about adjusting the height in the book when I got mine