B8 B8.5 ?

hades-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
right i have a B8 but want B8.5 rear lights
i know the boot lights are diffrent but are the outer lights the same fitment or diffrent ?
is there anyone around shefield with a B8.5 that will let me try one of the outers to see if they fit ?

Guess that's a no lol :/ why you wanna swap pal what's wrong with yours?

nothing i just fancy the new b8.5 leds

i can get the lights and sort the inner boot lights
but i need to know if the outer are a stright fit cant be ***** to cut the body up.

No don't blame you if be a bit worried about doing that, I'm pretty sure they are different shape though but could be wrong.

Why dont you park up close to a B8.5 and get a good photo of them side-by-side with your car so you can compare?

doesnt work that way they do look the same from looking but even a mm diffrence will show

I pulled up close to a b8 at lunchtime and the two are obviously different shapes I'm afraid

i must be totally out the loop ~ when did an 8.5 come out and what's different between that and my B8?

i must be totally out the loop ~ when did an 8.5 come out and what's different between that and my B8?

8.5 is a bit of a misnomer as Audi hasnt officially named it. The 8.5 is a facelift version of the B8 with a number of minimal changes. The noticable difference from the outside is the narrower, more angular, front grille surround and the strip LED lights instead of many small LEDs. Internally, the tech is updated slightly (e.g. you cannot get DVD satnav any more, and the temperature display is now white at last!)

ah right. cheers for that. would like to see some side-by-side pics.