New A4 Delivery - S-Line Black Ed Quattro

firecracker69

Reaction score
Firstly my apologies, this clearly won't be half as interesting or as exciting as it is for me! :yahoo:

Collected my new A4, pics for anyone interested below, spec as follows:

A4 S-line Black Edition
2.0 TDI 177bhp Quattro - S-tronic
Glacier White
Full Leather
Interior Light Pack
Technology Pack Advanced (Sat Nav etc)
Adaptive Cruise Control, Breaking Guard & Lane Assist
Phone Prep - High
Drive Select
Damper Control
Auto Hill Hold
Electric Folding/Dimming Door Mirrors
Heated Front & Heated Rear Seats (Don't ask!)
Aftermarket tints, sorted by Audi.

Then all the usual spec on a black edition......

What I did notice upon collection is the window frames are now in a black high gloss - makes a nice difference!

Reactions: Miss Cat, kanecullen89, Macdoon and 4 others
Very nice, great colour! .. All the best with you new car! :icon_thumright:

Nice car very similar looking to ours only ours is ibis white, white is the best colour 😉 but same model jealous of the spec tho!!! Enjoy the s Tronic it's awesome, be interesting to hear what you think of drive select!!!

woo!!! very nice and very jealous

Miss Cat xxx

Nice car very similar looking to ours only ours is ibis white, white is the best colour 😉 but same model jealous of the spec tho!!! Enjoy the s Tronic it's awesome, be interesting to hear what you think of drive select!!!

Thanks all, I'm pleased I must say!

I had Ibis white before, I found it marked very easily? I think where there is no lacquer/metallic protection I just seemed to notice scratches all the time, not sure if you do? So this time I went for Glacier, plus its my first brand new car so I had the choice for once! :happy:

I can't comment much on Drive Select at the moment, mainly used economy and comfort..... although this morning I tried Dynamic and noticed the steering stiffen and engine sound, very strange! I overtook someone last night going home (in comfort) and it was like I was driving an electric car, so so quiet! So in Dynamic today I opened it up on a dual carriage way a bit and instantly noticed the sound difference, can actually hear it when you accelerate.... again quiet strange the difference so not sure how the hell it works? :uhm:

Personally, I'd be interested to hear about anyone else's experience with Drive Select? As for Damper Control, I added this but not sure how much difference it makes, it was one of those cases where I asked for Drive Select and was told to add Damper Control, so I just did it lol. Again, any info appreciated on personal experience.

Your window frames and b pillars are in gloss because you have the optional extra Gloss package like I have. Except I still have the s lines additional tacky plastic chrome window surrounds as well.

Your window frames and b pillars are in gloss because you have the optional extra Gloss package like I have. Except I still have the s lines additional tacky plastic chrome window surrounds as well.

I thought it was gloss black because its a Black Edition ?? Or am I wrong on that one ??

Confused by this? Optional extra high gloss package?
I know there is a change in vehicles going from MY13 to MY14 in build week 22, this introduces the gloss black window frame and gloss black fog light surrounding..... in addition DAB becomes standard and other bits and pieces.
If I'm right build week 22 was sometime in April? Someone correct me on any of this! However, my car was ordered and I believe almost built by then, yet looking at the MY14 changes my car seems to have these changes? Confused a bit... :uhm:

Those silver window frames are lovely with the right colour I think personally! Scuba Blue with silver frame windows - lovely!

Daytona grey with silver frame windows go hand in hand, check out my garage pics :)

Our is 2014 no added options and has the gloss black surrounds...they look fantastic!

The gloss pack must be standard now on Black Editions. I certainly know the earlier Black Editions don't have it. It's a nice look anyway. Sets the car off nicely.