Couple of different things in one thread if anyone can help

SI-W85

Reaction score
Ok first one is I need my chrome trim wrapping in next couple of weeks does anybody know anywhere local (ish) to Huddersfield where I can get it done, I need door surrounds, fog surrounds & bottom lip on front bumper, also what should I expect to pay for that doing.

Second question is I have a sticky calliper rear o/s which last time I just had the garage do it under warranty and they greased the sliders, well the awful squeeling is back it sounds like a cat scratching on a chalk board when NOT braking as it goes when I brake, so A: should I just replace calliper or B: grease sliders again. How much will a new calliper cost and does it have to be programmed in as it is elec handbrake, or if I grease calliper myself can I just leave handbrake off and remove calliper?

I think you can use a battery to drive the caliper back out by unplugging the caliper and using a couple of thin wires into the caliper plug from a battery.

Ok first one is I need my chrome trim wrapping in next couple of weeks does anybody know anywhere local (ish) to Huddersfield where I can get it done, I need door surrounds, fog surrounds & bottom lip on front bumper, also what should I expect to pay for that doing.

Second question is I have a sticky calliper rear o/s which last time I just had the garage do it under warranty and they greased the sliders, well the awful squeeling is back it sounds like a cat scratching on a chalk board when NOT braking as it goes when I brake, so A: should I just replace calliper or B: grease sliders again. How much will a new calliper cost and does it have to be programmed in as it is elec handbrake, or if I grease calliper myself can I just leave handbrake off and remove calliper?

Si the fella I use for my tints charges around the £140 mark for window trims if any help mate

I think you can use a battery to drive the caliper back out by unplugging the caliper and using a couple of thin wires into the caliper plug from a battery.

This is true, I have done this, but its best to use something like VCDS if you have it or have access to it.

Si the fella I use for my tints charges around the £140 mark for window trims if any help mate

I cheers mac but its a bit far to travel for it doing that's only trouble lol wondering wether to go for Matt, gloss or satin black though as I have gloss grill but feel it may be a bit garish on the sides what is the black edition colour trim on a black car? Or what do you guys think will look the best on black? Cheers

I never actually thought of the electric tape, might give this a go see how it looks!lol

call capachino tints
pepe is his name hes leeds based and very very good
his wrappers are very good aswell.
mention me and he will sort it at your place or a meet up on another ov his jobs

the caliper can be rewound without the need for vcds but to reset after refitting needs vcds easy to do but id go for new if other has ****ed up after a regrease.

call capachino tints
pepe is his name hes leeds based and very very good
his wrappers are very good aswell.
mention me and he will sort it at your place or a meet up on another ov his jobs

the caliper can be rewound without the need for vcds but to reset after refitting needs vcds easy to do but id go for new if other has ****ed up after a regrease.

Yeah cheers Bez I used pepe for my tints I've used him most my cars but this time I wasn't overly impressed as the cuts around the brake light were a bit poor and there are loads of tiny little bubbles in the rear screen, so if I were to moan about the screen I don't think I'd get a very good deal on the wrapping lol plus I'd want it to be 100% perfect otherwise it just wouldn't do :)

You don't happen to know the best place for a calliper do you other than Audi? Or how much maybe? Thanks again

no just audi or tps

how come you didnt get peps back to sort the tint ?
iv had the odd problem and hes always sorted it quick with no problems

saying that it must be over 200 cars in the last 15 years mine and friends and only ever had around 5/6 **** ups

After he did them there were a couple of real big bubbles so he had to sort them out and then after when the little bubbles appeared I didn't like asking twice lol so I just left it, I'm gunna get it done properly with the brake light taken out and the whole screen done. But I need the chrome doing first before the window :/ just booked in for DPF delete too so my car is in the garage an awful lot lately the missis is moaning hahaha

I'll look at some but would prefer new as then I shouldn't cop for a dodgy one lol

Been and got a quote off a local wrapping/tinting firm and the first thing he said was why has he cut around the 3rd brake and then proceeded to knocking the tint and all the little bubbles lol so he's quoted £230 for rear screen tinting & all chrome trim wrapping but £90 is for the rear screen as he says obviously the old tint needs to be removed. So is £140 an ok price for the wrapping you guys think it not.

Have you checked up on ECP - they seem to be selling new TRW callipers and Pagid rebuilt ones, I've bought Pagid rebuilt ones in the past, maybe watch out for good discount, though ECP seem to be running discount most if not all of the time, if you buy the rebuilt one, you will need to pay an excess which you get back after returning the old calliper.

Been and got a quote off a local wrapping/tinting firm and the first thing he said was why has he cut around the 3rd brake and then proceeded to knocking the tint and all the little bubbles lol so he's quoted £230 for rear screen tinting & all chrome trim wrapping but £90 is for the rear screen as he says obviously the old tint needs to be removed. So is £140 an ok price for the wrapping you guys think it not.

im really surprised
he always removes the light its so easy to take out aswell
price above seems good tho.

Oh yeah I did see you lol thought you were meaning there was a wrapping place there :/

Just ordered a new calliper, will it need coding or anything or is it just a straight swap???