Got my wheels on at last :):):)

SI-W85

Reaction score
Finally got my wheels on and I couldn't be happier with the fitment 19" staggered X5 wheels Hyper silver with G23 adaptors, all was well until I had to take them for balancing after fitting the tyres as the wheel company's machine was not working, the place where I took them has a brand new expensive machine but the young lad who did the first one put the cup on instead of the cone through the wheel and span it so it's taken a line of paint off all the way around the wheel :( says he will pay for repair but I'm still gutted as these have been re done 3 times due to the difficult hyper silver to spray as they are so hard to do and get perfect as they are primered, then lacquered then painted then lacquered again and if any little bit isn't rite it shows through twice as bad also the chemicals are likely to react which happened to mine once. So they are on for Elsecar on Monday then one is coming back off for re doing :( love the rest though and the fitment is just what I wanted so all in all I'm pretty happy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 420
Reactions: MJR, unitzero and V6 Quatt
Si they look the mutts pal, hurry up and lose the centre caps tho lol,

Reactions: Av4nt, V6 Quatt and NHN
Gutted for you on the balancing mess up. I hope they can get a perfect match, should do as all 4 wheels are freshly painted.

They look much bigger than 19". Compared to say a black edition with Audi 19s

They look excellent Simon, enjoy the show. :) x

Reactions: SI-W85
Thank you Sandra and I will do if our lovely Brittish weather holds out for the day. :)

I'm quite sad lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 337
Reactions: V6 Quatt and Jonathaan
Look fantastic mate!!! Not seen any before but very nice!

Thank you pal yeah I try to go for wheels that not everybody has and I love the smooth look these give will be de badging the wings I think to suit and carry on the look.

Its a vag show come along its a good day with some nice cars to look at.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 326
Gutted for you on the balancing mess up. I hope they can get a perfect match, should do as all 4 wheels are freshly painted.

They look much bigger than 19". Compared to say a black edition with Audi 19s

Yeah its strange they do look quite big, wheels are strange things can get all 19" and some look big an some look small that's why I sold my Bentley wheels as they looked so small on my car think its because the spokes go over the split rim on them. :/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 310
Not a fan of BMW wheels on an Audi, but your cars looking gleaming! Very shiney! ������

Yeah I was a bit sceptical about them but I do like them, had some great comments off passing people but also some very strange looks haha, can't beat a good shine on ;)

Last edited:
looking good
and its gona **** it down monday so normal british weather.

Looking really good! I'm looking at q7 alloys now !!!! But fair play real smart looking car!

Reactions: SI-W85
Im a purist when it comes to wheels, if you have an Audi, have Audi wheels on it. Or aftermarket. Just not another brand of car. Just takes away from the car IMO. They are MUCH better than the Bentley wheels you had on before though, which looks absolutely horrendous.

Thats just my opinion though mate, if you like them then fair play.

Im a purist when it comes to wheels, if you have an Audi, have Audi wheels on it. Or aftermarket. Just not another brand of car. Just takes away from the car IMO. They are MUCH better than the Bentley wheels you had on before though, which looks absolutely horrendous.

Thats just my opinion though mate, if you like them then fair play.

I bought the Bentley wheels but they never turned a wheel as I took them straight back off and sold them, but I don't want to have just some more Audi wheels as it's just another Audi then lol and I don't like many aftermarket wheels, other than the centre cap most wouldn't even know they were off a BMW so when I put an Audi badge in I bet people who don't know they are BMW wheels will see them differently as they are a nice wheel it shouldn't matter what brand of car they are from. But as you say I like them so it's ok :)

Reactions: matt.russell and Macdoon
Yeah they are a nice wheel mate. And as you say most people wont know they are BMW.

Them Bentley wheels look horrendous boardering on the ridiculous!, that said the BMW wheels do look better, so its half BMW, half Audi? I have to agree with s3_trev, its an Audi so anything different to Audi wheels takes away the originality of the car in my opinion. Again, its all down to personal choice, but I don't think you can beat a nice set of original Audi 19" le mans alloys for that eye catching look. and they seem to suit this car the best without losing the originality of the car.

Reactions: s3_trev
Paul you lost all rites to comment on my car after gobbing off the other day so please remove yourself from my thread and concentrate on keeping your car as standard as you can. Thanks :)

Lol, whoops ,dont like any negative comments? I am a member of this forum so entitled to comment where ever I like, I was merely commenting my opinion weather you like it or not!!! Childish boy!

Getting quite a bit of attention at the show.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 250
Reactions: matt.russell and Macdoon
i rember a while ago some one used bmw wheels on there b8 and got a right slateing
not sure if it was on here or audizine
i quite like the look and as said when the audi badge is on not everyone will know.

I will prob get a rite slating but I'm actually warming to leaving the BMW centre caps in :/ lol either that or I just get some Audi ones and use the BMW for shows ect ect but I'm now on a stand for fuelled society, ultimate dubs and a couple more so i like the BMW badges in for that I think.

id keep them

Be different and keep them on!

I hope I see you at some shows, really want to see your car!

The wheels are looking good! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the likes wasn't sure anyone would like them lol next show I'm at is all types vw if anyone fancies it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 231