Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Got my wheels on at last :):):)

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit SI-W85's Instagram Channel

Got my wheels on at last :):):)

Finally got my wheels on and I couldn't be happier with the fitment 19" staggered X5 wheels Hyper silver with G23 adaptors, all was well until I had to take them for balancing after fitting the tyres as the wheel company's machine was not working, the place where I took them has a brand new expensive machine but the young lad who did the first one put the cup on instead of the cone through the wheel and span it so it's taken a line of paint off all the way around the wheel says he will pay for repair but I'm still gutted as these have been re done 3 times due to the difficult hyper silver to spray as they are so hard to do and get perfect as they are primered, then lacquered then painted then lacquered again and if any little bit isn't rite it shows through twice as bad also the chemicals are likely to react which happened to mine once. So they are on for Elsecar on Monday then one is coming back off for re doing love the rest though and the fitment is just what I wanted so all in all I'm pretty happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    V6 Quatt, unitzero and MJR like this.
    Custom stainless straight through quad pipe, S5 brake callipers, Black diamond grooved discs, red stuff pads, S4 diffuser, EGR delete, stage 1 remap, 19" staggered X5 wheels, G23 custom adaptors, stretched tyres, window tints, coilovers, vag com mods, K&N, led interior lights, led number plate bulbs, pressed plates, black edition grill. Plenty more to be done.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Si they look the mutts pal, hurry up and lose the centre caps tho lol,
    NHN, V6 Quatt and Av4nt like this.
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon View Post
    Si they look the mutts pal, hurry up and lose the centre caps tho lol,

Cheers rs pal I'm chuffed with them. Yeah they will be coming off after Elsecar lol
    Macdoon likes this.
    Custom stainless straight through quad pipe, S5 brake callipers, Black diamond grooved discs, red stuff pads, S4 diffuser, EGR delete, stage 1 remap, 19" staggered X5 wheels, G23 custom adaptors, stretched tyres, window tints, coilovers, vag com mods, K&N, led interior lights, led number plate bulbs, pressed plates, black edition grill. Plenty more to be done.

2nd Gear

Status
    Gutted for you on the balancing mess up. I hope they can get a perfect match, should do as all 4 wheels are freshly painted.

They look much bigger than 19". Compared to say a black edition with Audi 19s

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Sandra likes this.

Status
    They look excellent Simon, enjoy the show. x
    SI-W85 likes this.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Thank you Sandra and I will do if our lovely Brittish weather holds out for the day.

2nd Gear

Status
    Worth the wait mate, they look gr8, especially the rear concave look.
    SI-W85 likes this.
    2008 A4 B8 2.0 TDI - with a difference!

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

I'm quite sad lol
    V6 Quatt and Jonathaan like this.

Neutral

Status
    Look fantastic mate!!! Not seen any before but very nice!

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by on_the_virge View Post
    Look fantastic mate!!! Not seen any before but very nice!
    Thank you pal yeah I try to go for wheels that not everybody has and I love the smooth look these give will be de badging the wings I think to suit and carry on the look.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SI-W85 View Post
    Cheers rs pal I'm chuffed with them. Yeah they will be coming off after Elsecar lol
    What sort of show is it at elsecar as I live near by and the ads are saying its a classic car rally.....

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Its a vag show come along its a good day with some nice cars to look at.

Diesel Power!

Status
    Look beauty m8!

Them backs

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Zafi View Post
    Gutted for you on the balancing mess up. I hope they can get a perfect match, should do as all 4 wheels are freshly painted.

They look much bigger than 19". Compared to say a black edition with Audi 19s
    Yeah its strange they do look quite big, wheels are strange things can get all 19" and some look big an some look small that's why I sold my Bentley wheels as they looked so small on my car think its because the spokes go over the split rim on them. :/

5th Gear

Status
    Not a fan of BMW wheels on an Audi, but your cars looking gleaming! Very shiney! 😎
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishS3 View Post
    Not a fan of BMW wheels on an Audi, but your cars looking gleaming! Very shiney! ������
    Yeah I was a bit sceptical about them but I do like them, had some great comments off passing people but also some very strange looks haha, can't beat a good shine on
    Last edited by SI-W85; 20th April 2014 at 11:08.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    looking good
    and its gona piss it down monday so normal british weather.

1st Gear

Status
    Looking really good! I'm looking at q7 alloys now !!!! But fair play real smart looking car!
    SI-W85 likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Im a purist when it comes to wheels, if you have an Audi, have Audi wheels on it. Or aftermarket. Just not another brand of car. Just takes away from the car IMO. They are MUCH better than the Bentley wheels you had on before though, which looks absolutely horrendous.

Thats just my opinion though mate, if you like them then fair play.

Audi S3 8P3 / REVO Stage 1 / REVO Ceramic Intake / NGK Iridium Spark Plugs / LOBA HPFP / Philips Diamond Vision 5000k Fog Light Bulbs /
    KW V3 Coilovers / Team HEKO Wind Deflectors / Bridgestone Potenza S001 92Y Tyres / Complete LED Bulb Conversion (int' + ext') / Ashtray Delete /
    TTS Engine Cover / Alpine 928r Multimedia Station (8in screen) with integrated Bluetooth, Sat Nav etc / Ross-Tech VCDS Owner.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    looking good
    and its gona piss it down monday so normal british weather.
    Cheers Bez, Yeah I bet it does as well typical British weather

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by s3_trev View Post
    Im a purist when it comes to wheels, if you have an Audi, have Audi wheels on it. Or aftermarket. Just not another brand of car. Just takes away from the car IMO. They are MUCH better than the Bentley wheels you had on before though, which looks absolutely horrendous.

Thats just my opinion though mate, if you like them then fair play.
    I bought the Bentley wheels but they never turned a wheel as I took them straight back off and sold them, but I don't want to have just some more Audi wheels as it's just another Audi then lol and I don't like many aftermarket wheels, other than the centre cap most wouldn't even know they were off a BMW so when I put an Audi badge in I bet people who don't know they are BMW wheels will see them differently as they are a nice wheel it shouldn't matter what brand of car they are from. But as you say I like them so it's ok
    Macdoon and matt.russell like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Yeah they are a nice wheel mate. And as you say most people wont know they are BMW.

Audi S3 8P3 / REVO Stage 1 / REVO Ceramic Intake / NGK Iridium Spark Plugs / LOBA HPFP / Philips Diamond Vision 5000k Fog Light Bulbs /
    KW V3 Coilovers / Team HEKO Wind Deflectors / Bridgestone Potenza S001 92Y Tyres / Complete LED Bulb Conversion (int' + ext') / Ashtray Delete /
    TTS Engine Cover / Alpine 928r Multimedia Station (8in screen) with integrated Bluetooth, Sat Nav etc / Ross-Tech VCDS Owner.

Neutral

Status
    Them Bentley wheels look horrendous boardering on the ridiculous!, that said the BMW wheels do look better, so its half BMW, half Audi? I have to agree with s3_trev, its an Audi so anything different to Audi wheels takes away the originality of the car in my opinion. Again, its all down to personal choice, but I don't think you can beat a nice set of original Audi 19" le mans alloys for that eye catching look. and they seem to suit this car the best without losing the originality of the car.
    s3_trev likes this.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Paul you lost all rites to comment on my car after gobbing off the other day so please remove yourself from my thread and concentrate on keeping your car as standard as you can. Thanks

Neutral

Status
    Lol, whoops ,dont like any negative comments? I am a member of this forum so entitled to comment where ever I like, I was merely commenting my opinion weather you like it or not!!! Childish boy!

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

LOL

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Getting quite a bit of attention at the show.
    Macdoon and matt.russell like this.

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow ShaneSun On Twitter
    Really like this look! Fair play for trying something different. Looks great!
    SI-W85 likes this.
    Current: Audi A4 B8 S-Line

living the dream

Status

My Social Networking

Follow C6 DRN On Twitter Add C6 DRN on Facebook Visit C6 DRN's Youtube Channel Visit C6 DRN's Instagram Channel
    Looks awesome!
    SI-W85 likes this.
    Audi S3 | DSG | Black Edition | Quattro | Heko Wind Deflectors | Heated Leather Seats | Bose | RNSE | Cruise Control | Sunroof | Electric Mirrors | Armrest | 6k Miles
    WAAAAAAP TSSSSS

4th Gear

Status
    Nice and different love the stance

Quote Originally Posted by SI-W85 View Post
    I'm quite sad lol
    SI-W85 likes this.
    Torque the Torque

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    i rember a while ago some one used bmw wheels on there b8 and got a right slateing
    not sure if it was on here or audizine
    i quite like the look and as said when the audi badge is on not everyone will know.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

I will prob get a rite slating but I'm actually warming to leaving the BMW centre caps in :/ lol either that or I just get some Audi ones and use the BMW for shows ect ect but I'm now on a stand for fuelled society, ultimate dubs and a couple more so i like the BMW badges in for that I think.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    id keep them

4th Gear

Status
    do what you feel best mate its your motor lol
    Torque the Torque

1st Gear

Status
    Be different and keep them on!

I hope I see you at some shows, really want to see your car!

Vorsprung durch Technik

Status
    The wheels are looking good!

A4 B8 2.0TDI S-Line Executive
    Events Moderator
    Ireland/Northern Ireland

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Thanks for the likes wasn't sure anyone would like them lol next show I'm at is all types vw if anyone fancies it?

1st Gear

Status
    Come to the swansea cruise meet in carmarthen July 6th! Or volksfest ???

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Its a long way to Swansea for me lol where is volksfest ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast