Another remap thread with a cam belt question.

Eigdoog

±§~Quadzackular~§±
Reaction score
Good morning people and happy easter for those of you who have it off :laugh:

Car in question is A4 B8 2010 2.0 TDI 170 Manual 2WD.

So I'm looking to get a remap and MAYBE DPF/EGR removal. Thing is i dont want the DPF removed just cut from the top and smashed out them welded up. Reason for the DPF is i drive on the A10 that only ever see's 45 ish for about 20 miles daily, then abit of town driving so i never get any motorway miles really. Although i do give it some stick when the road is open hoping this clears the DPF out.

What gains should i see as I've been reading and it seems anything from 190 to 215 BHP and 310 - 330 lb-ft, is this safe for the clutch and everything else? Would an induction kit see anymore power safely? or just a K&N panel filter?

I live near in cambridgeshire so where is best to go?

Ive just booked it in Audi for a service and he wanted me to get a cam belt changed as he said its now 75k or 5 years not 133k what my booklet says anymore. How true is this as i hoped i was safe just for a little more, is there a cheaper place other than Audi for this service as its almost £500 for a change as most of you know.

Many thanks :thumbsup:

Regeneration while Driving
Prerequisites (General):
Ignition ON
Engine ON (Idle)
Coolant Temperature above 70 °C (see MVB 002.4)
Particle Filter Load below Specification (see MVB 108.2/3, VCDS should give the specified values)
If the Particle Filter Load is above Specification the Particle Filter needs to be replaced since the car may burn down when regenerating.
If the Particle Filter Load value in MVB 108 is blank, use alternate group 241.2/3 instead.
Power Consumers ON (Light, Seat Heating, Front/Rear Window Heater, Climate Control)
Engine Hood Closed
Conditions (Driving Cycle):
Vehicle Speed above 60 km/h (40 MPH)
Engine Speed between 2000-2500 RPM (4th or 5th Gear, Automatic Transmission in Tiptronic)
Duration approx. 10-15 Minutes
Exhaust Gas Temperature before Turbo Charger above 170 °C (MVB 099.2)
Exhaust Gas Temperature before Diesel Particle Filter above 150 °C (MVB 099.3)
Exhaust Gas Temperature after Diesel Particle Filter above 150 °C (MVB 099.4)
Drive the car based on the above Conditions until the Particle Filter Load is as low as possible (close to 0 %). In case the Regeneration fails there can either be problems with the Driving Cycle Conditions or with the Engine Hardware

Remap is a must. Clutches are usually good, just a slightly shorter life, unless you drive around WOT in 4th gear @ 1,000 rpm lol

Air filters don't help.

Not sure for Cambridge there are so many. Personally my place to go is in Telford.

I just know if I take my car to Audi, it will be done with the correct parts and to the standard you'd expect. Not a miss timed belt.

Regeneration while Driving
Prerequisites (General):
Ignition ON
Engine ON (Idle)
Coolant Temperature above 70 °C (see MVB 002.4)
Particle Filter Load below Specification (see MVB 108.2/3, VCDS should give the specified values)
If the Particle Filter Load is above Specification the Particle Filter needs to be replaced since the car may burn down when regenerating.:ohmy:
If the Particle Filter Load value in MVB 108 is blank, use alternate group 241.2/3 instead.
Power Consumers ON (Light, Seat Heating, Front/Rear Window Heater, Climate Control)
Engine Hood Closed
Conditions (Driving Cycle):
Vehicle Speed above 60 km/h (40 MPH)
Engine Speed between 2000-2500 RPM (4th or 5th Gear, Automatic Transmission in Tiptronic)
Duration approx. 10-15 Minutes
Exhaust Gas Temperature before Turbo Charger above 170 °C (MVB 099.2)
Exhaust Gas Temperature before Diesel Particle Filter above 150 °C (MVB 099.3)
Exhaust Gas Temperature after Diesel Particle Filter above 150 °C (MVB 099.4)
Drive the car based on the above Conditions until the Particle Filter Load is as low as possible (close to 0 %). In case the Regeneration fails there can either be problems with the Driving Cycle Conditions or with the Engine Hardware

Interesting !!

During the regen, if it's too blocked up then it won't be able to force enough HOT air through the filter, causing it to overheat. Somehow.... The regular regen temps are between 800-900 degree oC!!!

Good morning people and happy easter for those of you who have it off :laugh:

Car in question is A4 B8 2010 2.0 TDI 170 Manual 2WD.

So I'm looking to get a remap and MAYBE DPF/EGR removal. Thing is i dont want the DPF removed just cut from the top and smashed out them welded up. Reason for the DPF is i drive on the A10 that only ever see's 45 ish for about 20 miles daily, then abit of town driving so i never get any motorway miles really. Although i do give it some stick when the road is open hoping this clears the DPF out.

What gains should i see as I've been reading and it seems anything from 190 to 215 BHP and 310 - 330 lb-ft, is this safe for the clutch and everything else? Would an induction kit see anymore power safely? or just a K&N panel filter?

I live near in cambridgeshire so where is best to go?

Ive just booked it in Audi for a service and he wanted me to get a cam belt changed as he said its now 75k or 5 years not 133k what my booklet says anymore. How true is this as i hoped i was safe just for a little more, is there a cheaper place other than Audi for this service as its almost £500 for a change as most of you know.

Many thanks :thumbsup:

At the risk of bearing bad news - Probably best to abandon the DPF delete. Check the gov.uk website Dept of Transport page for new MOT rules brought in back in Feb 2014

Quote:

"Garages and testing stations will be required check for a diesel particulate filter (DPF) in the inspection of the exhaust system as part of the MOT test (or annual test for heavy vehicles) from February 2014.

The vehicle will automatically fail the MOT test if the filter had been fitted as standard but is found to be no longer present."

Also it will fail the MOT if any emissions control unit is not present or tampered/modified in any way for example the egr valve ect.

Cheers for the replies.

Toby im unsure how to see what % its on? if you can ever find out anyway?

I would like to have my DPF removed from the inside, take it off and cut from the top to remove insides then weld back up and put on.

I see revo do stage 1 and 2, 2 just seems to be a DPF remove as well but they say it can be 221 BHP! Do you think this could be real?

Still keep looking as i was wanting to book it in soon, well when I've got a minute.

With the remap, yeah the power sounds possible although you should be looking at the torque. Just once you've got it done make sure to get it 'logged' to check the engine parameters. I personally am not too fond of a generic map, but some custom maps are much worse! :)

330 ln-ft / 447 Nm on a stage 2, hope the clutch will be ok on this.

Think i should give them a call and ask about the DPF, i mean i should be able to get my old DPF back when they fit the straight pipe on so i can cut and shut it.

Cheers for the help.

Might be close to the limit. You WILL fail an MOT. It is now illegal to touch any emissions control device. Just to let you know.

Wonder if there is some way round this without knowing the MOT man and given him £20 lol

VCDS? Is that to check the whole system?

Still illegal and if you bump into VOSA, I wouldn't risk it personally. VCDS is the computer software which carries out coding, adaptation and diagnostics. It's the only way to find out the DPF soot mass percentage.