Painted Rear Diffuser

Cyprio

Reaction score
Guys, I need your help please.

I've decided to have the 'rear diffuser' painted on my Ibis white s4 as I think the grey colour doesn't sit right on a white car, imo.
I'm thinking of either 'gloss white' to continue through with the white theme, or Gloss/Satin black, as a contrast - leaning more towards the gloss white, but what do you guys think?

Cheers...

I have an Ibis white, If I were keeping the standard diffuser then I would be going gloss black

satin or gloss black
white wont look right,

Last edited:
Reactions: kanecullen89 and Macdoon
I think a dark grey or black would look ok, but IMO white wouldn't look OEM.

Thanks guys, Gloss black it is then. I'm getting it done at the local bmw dealership, :) had excellent paintwork done there in the past.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Looking forward to seeing this as I am thinking of gloss blacking all the rear diffuser.
Another option was to gloss black just the honeycomb and use a brighter silver instead and also do the front splitter. Think I'll wait till I've seen yours.

Here's a couple of pics of the painted diffuser - I chose Satin black instead of Gloss black and also had the centre strip painted in silver. I'm really pleased with the result and would definitely recommend having it done if you wish to keep the oem diffuser.

Last edited:
Reactions: RS5 JON, flipmyflipper and ScottishA4B9
Looks great, I'm planing putting mine with 3M black carbon fiber

This was my original idea too, but I was told by a local wrapping company that Vinyl wrap won't stick very well to the type of plastic finish on the S4 diffuser, and he wouldn't be able to give a guarantee on the work.

Let us know what you think when you've had it done.:)