A4 rear suspension spring

Rodders.

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just took my A4 B8 2.0l avant in for my first Audi service since owning the car.

They carried out a complimentary health check. On this check they said the drivers side rear spring needed replacing as it had moved. They should me a video, but it wasn't very good, so I said ill have a look when I get home.

So I take a look, the cup on the bottom of the spring had somehow managed to come out the hole its suppose to be in, in the suspension arm. How does that happen, its under load all the time?!?!?

The wheels had been off and repainted, so I'm wondering if they managed to knock it some how, I cannot see any other way it can just pop out with the amount of load on it?

So two things really, why/how did it come out and why the hell did Audi want to charge me £236 for a new spring that just needed popping back in!?

I might be shooting myself in the foot, but I don't think it will be coming back out again, so I think I will phone Audi and ask them WHY it needs replacing.

Looks like a classic case of them trying to make money, pretty sure a local garage would charge far less.

I had a set of Eibach Sportline Springs fitted and Hunter Wheel Alignment all for £299 at AMD Essex, not sure how Audi can justify charging you that much.

It's not just the cost, it's the fact it didn't need doing.