Feva's A4 Black Edition

feva

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking at getting a a4 2.0l tdi black edition, black with the dark grey 19's (min 2010/11 plate) I've currently got a bmw 3 series m sport and looking to move over to audi.
The wife's got an a3 black edition (gorgeous motor) tad too small for me.
Which is why I'm thinking of an a4.

Im an active member on e46zone.com (bmw forum) and have joined here for hopefully some guidance from members as what to look for and check (sorry if this question has been asked a million times before).

I've had a good look around the forum and it seems the place to be(loads of advice and good banter) very similar to my current bmw forum.

Hoping to become an active member.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Welcome Mark! The black edition is a good choice. The TDi is not brilliant on fuel economy by all accounts and can suffer from DPF problems. The 177bhp has plenty of power.

The 2.0TFSI gets around the same mpg but can suffer from oil consumption problems.

Apart from that there is not many common problems with them.

Cheers for the reply Scottish

I hear you about the dfp most newer cars I've heard can suffer with these and some people are removing them and getting it mapped out.

Struggling at the mo to find one with the look I like. Dark grey twin spoke alloys (no sure what style they are called) and like the blacked out rear windows (although that isn't a problem as would get them tinted if it didn't come with them)

The hunt continues..........

Welcome to ASN Mark, I'm guessing the wheels your talking about are most likely the RS4 style, good choice.

Best advice - get yer Audi and start modding lol, good luck with the hunt pal

Reactions: SI-W85
Cheers for the reply Scottish

I hear you about the dfp most newer cars I've heard can suffer with these and some people are removing them and getting it mapped out.

Struggling at the mo to find one with the look I like. Dark grey twin spoke alloys (no sure what style they are called) and like the blacked out rear windows (although that isn't a problem as would get them tinted if it didn't come with them)

The hunt continues..........

The dark grey in black edition spec is a great combo! The problem comes in trying to get a spec you want with the colour you prefer! It took me 10 months to get the colour/trim/spec I wanted. Good luck in finding the one you want. Keep us all posted.

Cheers Macdoon. Not sure what they called I'll see if I can find a picture and I'll post it.

My current bmw is is all oem and mint condition (with a lot of tlc from me) small mods possibly but with a wife two kids a dog and several goldfish modding is a but down the list.

The dark grey in black edition spec is a great combo! The problem comes in trying to get a spec you want with the colour you prefer! It took me 10 months to get the colour/trim/spec I wanted. Good luck in finding the one you want. Keep us all posted.

Best colour combo. Mind you I've never thought of a white car before but they look well nice.
Hate looking for new motors it's a pain.

10months! I'll of killed myself by then with the stress.

:sign_welcome: I think the wheels you are looking at are the Le Mans wheels so yeah pretty much the RS4 style wheels. Black edition great choice, I wouldn't worry so much about the DPF to be honest although there are little things that do seem to be missing which you wouldn't notice until u bought it, such things as the interior lighting pack which if you don't get it won't come with visor, foot well, door card, glove box lights, which really does annoy me, if it comes with sat nav check which one, phone prep is another you may want. Loads more but they are the things I missed out on by not researching enough...

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Thanks for the reply Si
Here's the wheel I've seen (ignore the tt)

Uploadfromtaptalk1396987423579

Originally looked for a black (colour) But the white is really really growing on me.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396987481904.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396987481904.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 626
Yeah they are Le Mans style wheels, I like both too however I love my black car when it's had a good polish and has that mirror shine which you can't seem to get with white, but white tends to look clean longer and doesn't show up the small blemishes & stone chips I like both but went for black, its a close call but it's your choice just make sure you make the rite one or you will regret it lol

I hear you had a black car before loved the colour always said my next car would go back to black (no ac/dc pun intended) know exactly what you mean about once washed and had a good coat of polish and wax, but does show every little tiny mark.
It's a headache I was so sure about colour till I seen a white one in the flesh.

Yeah when I see a white one driving down the road I really like them but I still think every time would I swap and for me I wouldn't but it's close and that's just me my favorite colours for these cars are black, white, red, and the strange blue/purple which are quite rare I would happily drive any of them but I went with black and love it except I have a fee stone chips now, my fault I'm a tail gater lol

my fault I'm a tail gater lol

Well you do drive an audi it's the place you have to be.

Here's my current bmw (with a little photoshopping from a mate as a laugh)
Sad to see it go it's been a great car but time to move on.

Uploadfromtaptalk1396989109912

Reactions: SI-W85
Well I might be a bit biased but I think the one you linked is the best one really ...... As for the DPF issues just make sure it gets a nice long run once a month and it will clean itself and everything will be fine ...

:yes:

Welcome to the forum...

See you got a white one Anthony and also located in my neck of the woods I'm in Teesside.

I have had it since October and like you I knew what I wanted but found it hard to find the right spec as I wanted a white black edition with satnav ... I am in the middle of adding the lighting pack and will add electric folding door mirrors next month :)

I have had it since October and like you I knew what I wanted but found it hard to find the right spec as I wanted a white black edition with satnav ... I am in the middle of adding the lighting pack and will ad folding mirrors next month :)

Hard it's impossible. I find it a joke that you don't get lights without buying them. It's like saying "you want a battery? Oh that's extra"

Hard it's impossible. I find it a joke that you don't get lights without buying them. It's like saying "you want a battery? Oh that's extra"

LOL I know and as my last A4 had the lighting kit but I didn't know it had to be spec'd I just assumed they all had it .... so far it hasn't really been that hard to do I have completed all 4 doors and the glove box just the foot well lighting to do then the lighting is sorted.

Dont worry about the petrol drivers telling you diesels are trouble. I did over 90,000 miles in my first 143 multitronic B8 with only a £80 sensor needing changing in all that time. No dpf lights. About 550 to 600 miles per tank.

The 2013 B8.5 143 seems to be better on fuel than the B8.

The white is nice..........if you live in California! Lol. I had a white A6 for 2 months last year, and even in the summer, it was a nightmare to keep clean and was always dirty. The white seems to be the most common colour for the A4. But I would much rather have one over black, as, has already been said, they show up every mark etc. The light grey colour is a lovely colour and suits the black edition trim. However Misano Red is best.....and the fastest! Lol 😋

Haha I heard black was the fastest, yeah I forgot about the grey that is a great colour as it hides the muck very well and when polished gets a great shine to it.

Haha I heard black was the fastest, yeah I forgot about the grey that is a great colour as it hides the muck very well and when polished gets a great shine to it.

It certainly does shine :)

Reactions: Derzal, Chop., Point_Audi and 3 others
Almost as good as the black lol ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 590
Reactions: Point_Audi, feva and Liquidfusion-S3
One more for good luck :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 575
Reactions: V6 Quatt and feva
LOL I know and as my last A4 had the lighting kit but I didn't know it had to be spec'd I just assumed they all had it .... so far it hasn't really been that hard to do I have completed all 4 doors and the glove box just the foot well lighting to do then the lighting is sorted.

Is the wiring already there just needs unit fitting? Or a unit making?

Dont worry about the petrol drivers telling you diesels are trouble. I did over 90,000 miles in my first 143 multitronic B8 with only a £80 sensor needing changing in all that time. No dpf lights. About 550 to 600 miles per tank.

The 2013 B8.5 143 seems to be better on fuel than the B8.

Cheers it's definitely a dirty derv I'm after

The white is nice..........if you live in California! Lol. I had a white A6 for 2 months last year, and even in the summer, it was a nightmare to keep clean and was always dirty. The white seems to be the most common colour for the A4. But I would much rather have one over black, as, has already been said, they show up every mark etc. The light grey colour is a lovely colour and suits the black edition trim. However Misano Red is best.....and the fastest! Lol 😋

Never would of thought of white but they do look nice but I'm still a black colour fan aaaaarrrrrgggggg choices choices

Don't want to start a forum colour argument

It certainly does shine :)

That looks amazing

Black does shine when polished (I use poor boys black hole on the wife's black edition a3)

Almost as good as the black lol ;)

Thanks

The control units are in the doors you just have to buy the pre made wiring looms from forum member T8rups ( unless you can make them yourself ) and install them then enable the lighting with VCDS but as we are close VCDS wont be an issue for you as I have this ....

As for colour the only reason I didn't go for black is my last car of 9 years was black so wanted a change but black does polish up nice :)

SI your black one looks gorgeous, really don't know what colour out of the two to go for? Some one s either black or white just don't look right. Is there slightly different bumper specs? Or is it just me?

The B8 had a face lift in 2012

That's it then. Thanks for clearing that up. Some of them ones I've seen the front bumper doesn't look as good as others, and I've been thinking it's the colour that's been making the difference. Looked and looked all week my ****** neck and backs killing from being in the computer so long.

The control units are in the doors you just have to buy the pre made wiring looms from forum member T8rups ( unless you can make them yourself ) and install them then enable the lighting with VCDS but as we are close VCDS wont be an issue for you as I have this ....

As a rough idea how much is it to get interior lighting sorted?
Take it VCDS (apologies for my ignorance) is a coding software for audis?

That's it then. Thanks for clearing that up. Some of them ones I've seen the front bumper doesn't look as good as others, and I've been thinking it's the colour that's been making the difference. Looked and looked all week my ****** neck and backs killing from being in the computer so long.

The S-line has a different bumper to the Black Edition also ...

As a rough idea how much is it to get interior lighting sorted?
Take it VCDS (apologies for my ignorance) is a coding software for audis?

the wiring looms for the doors were £17 each ( from T8urps ) plus the light holders shop around for these as you will find them cheaper than Audi even a breaker or eBay.

Sorry yes VCDS is the coding software, I have already enabled a few things in my car like the dial sweep, door lights, reversing passenger wing mirror, emergency flashing break lights etc there is a nice long list of things you can enable as well as the service reset if you self service.

The S-line has a different bumper to the Black Edition also ...

Yeah I'd clocked that one, but its definitely a black edition I'm after. Just hard when you after a certain look limits your search massively.

SI your black one looks gorgeous, really don't know what colour out of the two to go for? Some one s either black or white just don't look right. Is there slightly different bumper specs? Or is it just me?

Cheers pal I'm sure which ever colour you decide to go with will be nice as you are after a good spec by the sounds of it.