Egr delete

matt.russell

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got a remap on my car with a egr del.. The egr was not taken out but basically is left closed.. I'm just about to buy a egr blanking kit off darkside and was just wondering how hard it is to take out ? And is there anything else I would need to buy to blank it all off ie coolant pipes and stuff ?

My my car is a 2009 audi a4 2.0 tdi engine- caga

Just blank it off at the inlet end and the exhaust end as well if you want. You don't need to remove anything else.

Karl.

I bought the egr delete from darkside ended up costing £97 I think only thing with doing that is it will need mapping out, so as Karl says just buy the blanking plates that way I don't think you will need to map the egr out as it can stay on but won't be recirculating. I think that's rite anyway :/

Right, well I have £45 store credit with them and don't know what to spend it on lol ! .. Have you got your car back yet. ?

Yeah got it back Thursday pal, loads better but been told to take it easy for couple hundred mile while be clutch beds in. Remap sorted out, new dampers fixed knocking on n/s rear. Awsome Gti always do a great job and really look after you. Did your lights ever get sorted Matt? And how's your map and clutch now?

Are nice one I bet you did the same as me and pushed the clutch pedal down and it was so so light and then you smiled! ..

Nope lights are still on so I'm spinning in second still lol .. But the guy that mapped my car is going to fix it this Tuesday.. He said it was because darkside left the engine running while the car went up in the air and because they took the battery cables off the car had reset it self..

I don't know too much electrics for me lol ! I was happy with my rover mini that dint even have a fag lighter lol

What's your next mod ?

Yeah very happy with feeling the nice new clutch lol oh well hope it gets sorted for you. My next mod, well I've just received my custom wheel adaptors for my new X5 wheels which are being refurbed so I'm going down today to test fit the wheels by sitting it on blocks of wood to work out exactly what profile tyre I need. So guess my wheels are next mod and then after that I don't know prob get chrome surrounds wrapped, the list goes on doesn't it, bigger turbo, injectors, front mount, dpf delete, stage 2 map, front splitter, air ride. What's your plans then?

That sounds awesome!

Well I was thinking wrap grill and door trim and then maybe look into buying s5 seats .. Don't know yet.. I'm gonna stick with my alloys and maybe next year I will get rs4 calipers ..

Tbh tho I'm trying to keep my a4 as cheap as I can as it's my daily so after my wedding I'm thinking of getting a mx5 and tracking it or buy a tt and do that up for the other half :D

But I can't wait to see these alloys !

Reactions: SI-W85