The S4 build wait thread

Nice one Scotty, I could do with all the 10% discounts I can lay my hands on at the moment so that couldn't come at a better time!

Well i've just had a surprised call from my dealer....

My car was built last week! And is currently in transit down to the docks. He said it will be there for a couple of days and then ferry across to Grimsby, then a few days there before making its way to Huddersfield :)

Had such a crap week at work that this has cheered me up for sure

Rich

Reactions: Keef, Macdoon, DAYTONA 500 and 1 other person
****** hell, nice one. The final leg of the wait!

Have they given you an approximate collection date yet?

****** hell, nice one. The final leg of the wait!

Have they given you an approximate collection date yet?

Indeed mate, he said towards end of the month which I guess is the maximum they give for the delivery part of 4 weeks. I'm hoping it will be less though as I'm fed up of car sharing now lol

Might be worth checking with your dealer as yours had the same build date as mine?

Rich

Reactions: warren_S5
Indeed mate, he said towards end of the month which I guess is the maximum they give for the delivery part of 4 weeks. I'm hoping it will be less though as I'm fed up of car sharing now lol

Might be worth checking with your dealer as yours had the same build date as mine?

Rich

Great news for you Rich - good stuff!

So as I'm having the UK treatment I can go and get a copy of Evo magazine today and job is a good-un. Consider it done.

Remap now gone from my current car. Average drive home. Still I thought of something, with the remap gone the difference between the current car and the new one is even more! :) Every cloud...

Bizarre feeling isn't it, almost like your ruining the car! Now all the trinkets and personalisation has gone from mine I'm struggling to find the love, but it's looked after me so I'll keep it washed and cared for!

Hmm not really an answer, I guess it depends on his take of:-

3. Any previously quoted detailing packages are not subject to this discount unless a new quote is obtained including CQuartz UK as an upgrade package.

...And if he wants to see a copy of the mag

Yep. Haven't had the chance to email him about it. It's been a busy week.

Reactions: Keef
Bizarre feeling isn't it, almost like your ruining the car! Now all the trinkets and personalisation has gone from mine I'm struggling to find the love, but it's looked after me so I'll keep it washed and cared for!

It's the mid-range that I found most lacking. It's not bad, just not as punchy as it was.

Intriguing "Merlin Purple Custom" no picture yet though. Audi S4 3.0 T FSI V6 quattro S Tronic 4dr

Looks good, but not for me!

EXCLUSIVE MERLIN PURPLE PAINT

Is purple the new black??

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a5-s5-rs5-forum/216701-my-new-a5-special-edition-velvet-purple.html

Uh oh, wonder if that's blanket across all deliveries....

I have now changed my order as I wanted Sepang Blue! Advanced Key has gone to make way for the change in paint but I love the colour!

Dealer has told me that it's potentially the first of the MY15 orders in Sepang Blue, but still no build week approx early Sept delivery.

Last edited:
Great choice of colour, always loved Sepang Blue.

Is it available as a standard optional extra in the MY15 cars now? I know before it was only available as a Audi Exclusive range colour and cost a gob smacking £2,115.

Yeah it's now a standard option at £815 IIRC. I was all for Ibis White at first but decided it looks too much like a standard A4 then, so glad Audi released this as an option for MY15.

Can't find one locally to look at. Photos don't seem to convey the colour. Some look good, some look very light blue.

Nice Tay, did you go for the black edition rotors or the silver 5 segment RS6 wheels? I was thinking the silver might go better with the blue.

But then again this A5 with black edition rotors looks awesome.

I have gone with the Black Edition Rotors at the moment.

I've only seen the colour in person on an RS5 with the black styling pack and it did look nice, but seeing photos of B8 RS4s the common theme seems to be aluminium trim to contrast the blue.

One dilemma the colour change did throw up was the Lunar Silver SS Seats that I had spec'd, they suited Ibis perfectly but I think all black leather is best with Sepang, any opinions?

I've seen a few Sprint Blue S4's with the Lunar Silver SS seats, personally for me though I don't like 2-tone seats. I'd rather just have all black. Personal preferences and all that.

I guess the black styling pack is a good idea, otherwise it'd look like you were trying to make it look like an RS4, and there's nothing worse than when someone tries to make their car look like a more desireable model.

Reactions: Tay
I'm seriously considering ordering a S4 avant black edition in a couple of months and am looking at some of the broker sites etc to get a feel for costs and I'm not sure on a couple of options and wonder if you guys with your orders placed can help.

A few of the broker sites seem to have the interior light pack as an optional extra but I thought it was standard on the S4? Same for the FB steering wheel? Standard or optional?

Pretty sure they are both standard on the Black Edition.

Which broker are you looking at? As there are some very good discounts to be had!

One dilemma the colour change did throw up was the Lunar Silver SS Seats that I had spec'd, they suited Ibis perfectly but I think all black leather is best with Sepang, any opinions?

Again just my opinion, but I think they would suit the car fine and give some great contrast to an all black interior. Also would lighten the cabin up but my only concern would be the challenge of keeping it looking its best. For example you get white stitching on the steering wheel and gear lever with the Lunar Silver config which might not stay white for very long.

Tried a few quotes from carwow but the best so far has been orange wheels - 8k discount. Any others?

Tried a few quotes from carwow but the best so far has been orange wheels - 8k discount. Any others?

About the same on DTD which showed £7k on S5, dealer was pretty much able to match that with ongoing contribution schemes.

Carwow was best quote for me, beat Drive the deal and orangewheels

Should be building my car this week - Work faster, Schnell!

Reactions: warren_S5 and scotty76
For example you get white stitching on the steering wheel and gear lever with the Lunar Silver config which might not stay white for very long.

A weakish solution of Vanish / Warm water and a soft brushed toothbrush restores the white stitching pretty well (just try to keep the localised stitching area and wipe off spill marks quickly). Make sure you leather clean/condition afterwards to replenish the leather.

Reactions: dpaz
Should be building my car this week - Work faster, Schnell!

Well that worked!

Dealer has just emailed me a screenshot of my vehicle status......

As of yesterday its 'Check Point 8' which I understand is Production Completed
and the status code is '30 In Transit' so i'm guessing it'll be soon on its way to Emden,
then onto Grimsby

I'm assuming it got built a week early!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich M
and the status code is '30 In Transit' so i'm guessing it'll be soon on its way to Emden,
then onto Grimsby

I'm assuming it got built a week early!

Will be joining mine to sit on the docks until the next container ship turns up. So close but yet so far!

Reactions: Rich M and Keef
Nice one guys so our cars are camping out at the docks waiting for a ride over to Grimsby. How about we make our own boat and go fetch them :whip:

Nice one guys so our cars are camping out at the docks waiting for a ride over to Grimsby. How about we make our own boat and go fetch them :whip:

OK, so I'll see you all at Dover with a Toy(b)ota Hilux and a raft made out of wood and plastic oil drums at 6pm tonight! Last one there buys the burgers.

OK, so I'll see you all at Dover with a Toy(b)ota Hilux and a raft made out of wood and plastic oil drums at 6pm tonight! Last one there buys the burgers.

I was thinking a Toybota would do the trick, just don't do a Clarkson and sink it lol

Well I've bitten the bullet and ordered an OEM RS4 steering wheel as I prefer the perforated leather.
Just trying to find the matching gear knob now...and praying that the place I ordered from is legit!

I've sent them a few email to test them out and a few guys on A5OC have used them so fingers crossed it turns up!
I've use Paypal so should be ok

View attachment 32678

Icing on the cake for today!
Steering wheel has just been delivered

Reactions: Rich M and warren_S5