dpf-----------regen

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Hi, ive just checked with vcds.......soot mass calculated 10.14g soot mass measured 10.49g

does it need a regen?

If not when will the car regen itself?

I tried do a regen while standing,but vcds says 'aborted for safety reasons'

im not 100% on this but i think rosstech site shows regen of pd engines,not cr tdi like i have(could be wrong)

maybe........its not full enough?...........according to this i cant ,its got me more full than 10.14g/10.49g ?

.6l/2.0l R4 CR-TDI

With the newer CR-TDI engines there are 2 different types of regenerations available depending on the actual soot mass/load. If either the calculated or measured soot mass is above 30g but below 40g you can initiate a regeneration while standing (Idle will be raised etc.), a forced regeneration while driving is also possible. Once the values are above 40g (but below the max 45g) the regeneration while standing is no longer available and the regeneration while driving is the only way

Last edited:
Just go for a 20 mile motorway blast in 3rd........

No it doesn't, but it does generate the temperatures required to burn the soot off and clean the filters.

DPF's will do passive regeneration if driven on a motorway at a reasonable speed. The temperature should reach a suitable level to start burning off the built up carbon. This is why cars driven on motorways regularly are less susceptible to having a blocked DPF.

diesel particulate filter (dpf) | AA

Karl.

I have done about 300,000 miles in DPF cars since 2004 and never had and problem whatsoever. Free flowing cross country driving, hardly any queues through towns, motorway maybe twice a month.

The only time I did have a problem is when I fitted a tuning box and within 400 miles the DPF light came on, so I sent the box back and took the car for a high revs drive and it cured itself.

maybe........its not full enough?...........according to this i cant ,its got me more full than 10.14g/10.49g ?

.6l/2.0l R4 CR-TDI

With the newer CR-TDI engines there are 2 different types of regenerations available depending on the actual soot mass/load. If either the calculated or measured soot mass is above 30g but below 40g you can initiate a regeneration while standing (Idle will be raised etc.), a forced regeneration while driving is also possible. Once the values are above 40g (but below the max 45g) the regeneration while standing is no longer available and the regeneration while driving is the only way

10g to little to do a regen. It will only let you do a manual regen when it is nearly full (30g and above) if I drive on my commute (20mins 60mph road) it will regen between 15-20g on its own every week or so.

Hi, ive just checked with vcds.......soot mass calculated 10.14g soot mass measured 10.49g

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but can you please let me know how you check these levels in VCDS??

I would like to see how healthy/full my DPF currently is?

hi, you can read in advanced measuring values, soot calculated (estimated) and soot measured

sorry for write in this old thread, I know how to do service regeneration while idle,

but I don't know how to do it while Driving in B8, somebody could explain please?

Thanks, mine is 3.0 2008 and I have tried that, but didn't get regeneration while driving. Got a message "aborted, safety reasons". And you have to stop the engine to try again.

I'll keep trying.

somebody got that in 2.7/3.0?