B8 S4 - RS4 Widebody Conversion

Epic, stunning attention to detail. Great find.

Looks amazing! Arches pop with that colour :hubbahubba:

Thanks! Yeah, that was the idea, although the colour was an experiment - a combo that's never been tried before.

Have you sprayed it? Or is it a wrap?

Well, actually, both!
It's a 'liquid wrap' from a company I met at AITP8...

Sent from mobile with fat fingers

Thanks! Yeah, that was the idea, although the colour was an experiment - a combo that's never been tried before.

Well, actually, both!
It's a 'liquid wrap' from a company I met at AITP8...

Works wonders! Good choice. Oh nice so it's reversible then?

a liquid wrap is pretty much just plastidip aint it? when done right it can look very good but finding people that can get a good finish on it is the hard part.

Plasti Dip is one (the most well known) brand of it, yeah, and therefore often synonymous with it (in much the same way as 'Hoover' is with 'vacuum cleaner').
Agree entirely on the skill required for the application, too. Not many around (especially in the UK), so that was a bit of an experiment too, TBH.
But hey, you don't know until you try! In many ways, just like trying to get into the aftermarket car parts manufacturing business! :)

Reactions: Chop. and xpoweruk
from the photos yours looks very well done. i've seen both sides, seen some i couldn't believe were dipped and not wrapped, and seen others where it looked like the bodywork was finished with a angle grinder before painting. definitely a cost effective way of doing a colour change if you can find someone with the skill to get a good finish.

Reactions: TechNick