Clicking Sound Dash (Hot/Cold Air Flaps Access)

audifab12

Reaction score
Hello, I have Audi A4 2008 (new shape). There is a clicking sound coming from the dash, the local mechanic used a diagnostic and an issue was with one of the "flaps" opening and closing for the cold/warm air. He said that the part is approx £100 + VAT but he was unsure the best way to access it. He said if he can access via the glove compartment then he would charge about £100, however, if he has to take off the dash then it will be 200-250. Has anybody had a similar issue? Can it be accessed via the glove compartment so the motor (flap) can be replaced. Thanks in advance.

Yup 200% replaced mine myself and while I was at it I retrofitted a glovebox light (stupid s line takes out all ambiance lighting as standard)

Really easy access from the footwell. You will have to take out the glovebox (7 torq screws) and a little wiggle.

Depends on which flap/motor is the issue, you need a definitive code to work out the correct one that's faulty, then you can ascertain how it can be accessed to swap, thus timescale needed, the technician is talking correctly though, he's not talking bs.

The clicking I get is more frequent that this. It usually happens when I start the car, and randomly comes on when I drive. Even when the key is out and engine is off it can still continue to click for a little while.