Monster MotorsportBadger5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SI-W85

Thread: Am I doing something wrong!!

Reverse Gear

Status

Am I doing something wrong!!

Nearly 1000 miles now on my new Audi 177 TDi SLine Black and am well impressed. Getting just under 45 MPG on the first couple of fuel ups.

New insurance premium is due on the 1st May, £195 which is so cheap, can't believe it. Ensure with full business use.

Nevertheless, looking to fit a DTUK tuning chip and I'm getting quoted anywhere from £425 - £600, WTF!!

if I'd gone for the 3.0, it would have only cost me another £10.

Is this the norm or do insurance companies associate tuning boxes or recaps with boy racers and lots of risk!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit SI-W85's Instagram Channel
    It's because its a performance upgrade and they don't like that as it means you will be driving like a mad man of course :/ just an excuse to squeeze some more money I think. Don't tell them if you were to have a bump you can just unplug it can't you?
    Custom stainless straight through quad pipe, S5 brake callipers, Black diamond grooved discs, red stuff pads, S4 diffuser, EGR delete, stage 1 remap, 19" staggered X5 wheels, G23 custom adaptors, stretched tyres, window tints, coilovers, vag com mods, K&N, led interior lights, led number plate bulbs, pressed plates, black edition grill. Plenty more to be done.

2nd Gear

Status
    When I was looking for insurance quotes for a remap the lowest price from moneysupermarket.com was around £800, shocking! I don't think comparison websites like Remaps for some reason.

However I think you will find it better to go directly to insurers to get a better quote, LV quoted me around £460 which is very good considering all the mods I've done to the car.

Admiral wanted £420 but they didn't have my exact car model on their database, not sure why.
    2013 Audi A4 1.8 TFSI 170 S line - Daytona Grey. 19" Black Edition Alloys. MMI 3G Navigation Plus, Bluetooth Phone and Voice Prep,
    Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Eibach Sportline Suspension, Tinted Windows Factory Shade,
    Ice White Fog Lights, Interior LEDs, Mobius Dash Cam, Red Calipers with S Line Decals
    S Line Grill Badge. Remap Stage 1 (Pending)

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit SI-W85's Instagram Channel
    Yeah I went with LV as they gave the best quote for me.
    Liquidfusion likes this.
    Custom stainless straight through quad pipe, S5 brake callipers, Black diamond grooved discs, red stuff pads, S4 diffuser, EGR delete, stage 1 remap, 19" staggered X5 wheels, G23 custom adaptors, stretched tyres, window tints, coilovers, vag com mods, K&N, led interior lights, led number plate bulbs, pressed plates, black edition grill. Plenty more to be done.

2nd Gear

Status
    When I was phoning around last year one insurance company said "we dont cover cars with tinted windows" then put the phone down on me when I said I had privacy glass on the rear !

2nd Gear

Status
    Name and shame that company for being so rude.
    Isn't tinted windows and privacy glass the same thing?
    2013 Audi A4 1.8 TFSI 170 S line - Daytona Grey. 19" Black Edition Alloys. MMI 3G Navigation Plus, Bluetooth Phone and Voice Prep,
    Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Eibach Sportline Suspension, Tinted Windows Factory Shade,
    Ice White Fog Lights, Interior LEDs, Mobius Dash Cam, Red Calipers with S Line Decals
    S Line Grill Badge. Remap Stage 1 (Pending)

3rd Gear

Status
    Insurance is a joke .... I have gone from a 1.8T a4 163 bhp and £380 a year to a 2.0 Tdi A4 177 quattro and £183 a year !!! Go figure
    2013 A4 2.0 TDi 177 quattro Black Edition - Glacier White

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SI-W85 View Post
    It's because its a performance upgrade and they don't like that as it means you will be driving like a mad man of course :/ just an excuse to squeeze some more money I think. Don't tell them if you were to have a bump you can just unplug it can't you?
    Yes if your conscious still! I told them it was a fuel saving device and only increased BHP by 10 BHP ! Which is true on lowest setting!
    61 Plate Audi A4 Saloon Black Edition 2.0 TDI 170 in Lava Grey

5th Gear

Status
    I had this for years. I kept looking at a remap but the insurance was stupid. Last year I remapped my B7 2.0 TFSI as I finally got a quote I could do. With Admiral insurance +£26 for the year for a declared +20% increase. My car went from 200->240bhp. I did manage to find this via moneysupermarket.com initially and then confirmed it on Admiral's website. I had to cancel my policy with Direct Line mid-term as they don't do remaps, at all, ever, the end.

Thread's here: http://http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/...next-week.html