Dpf Delete

matt.russell

Reaction score
Hey,

Im off to darkside to get my clutch an dual exhaust done in two weeks time..

I'm wanting a remap to but they said not to bother mapping it if im not going to have the dpf del so i asked how much the dpf del was and they said £1000 +vat !

Not being funny but thats pretty expensive just for a map basically.. would it hurt just to map it with the dpf still on ?

anyone done this ?

Outrageous price that fella, you are better off to gut the DPF and have it deleted out if your going to have it mapped, have a chat with some of the sponsors here

Its a littly risky what with it being part of the MOT now, but companys I know charge about half that for a full delete, so price wise, thats about the price of a new dpf!

Thats what i thought.. I mean i' paying £1600 for clutch and exhaust and was going to py £400 for the map o it rounds up to £2000 but it would be £2600 ..

I was chatting to a garage near me tho and he said he will pass my car with out the dpf, so its not really a problem with the m.o.t.

I'm thinking of going to a garage by me that will remap and del the dpf.. but i just wanted to drive my car with the clutch done and exhaust and more power love that feeling when the car feels so different!

They must be fitting a delete pipe for that price rather than gutting the DPF

Darkside Developments -DPF Delete Downpipe for 2.0 TDi CR Engine Audi A4 B8 Platform

It's the best thing to fit if you want the maximum performance from the car. A gutted DPF isn't the best solution and a proper delete pipe may be worth a few bhp on a 250bhp car. But obviously is more expensive and won't pass an MOT.
Think when you sell the car the person buying it may not have the luxury of a man who will pass it.
It's perfectly possible to remap a car without taking the DPF out but you won't get as good a result with it in.

Karl.

They must be fitting a delete pipe for that price rather than gutting the DPF

Darkside Developments -DPF Delete Downpipe for 2.0 TDi CR Engine Audi A4 B8 Platform

It's the best thing to fit if you want the maximum performance from the car. A gutted DPF isn't the best solution and a proper delete pipe may be worth a few bhp on a 250bhp car. But obviously is more expensive and won't pass an MOT.
Think when you sell the car the person buying it may not have the luxury of a man who will pass it.
It's perfectly possible to remap a car without taking the DPF out but you won't get as good a result with it in.

Karl.

So you think it would be possible to get a remap with the dpf ?

And I'm not aloud to sell this car for at least 10years lol (girlfriends rule).

Of course you can map it with the DPF on but how much more performance do you want from the car. Darkside seem to have a name for getting the most from a diesel so that would mean binning the DPF. Usually to get the most power will involve a small amount of smoke and the extra smoke will load the DPF up quicker meaning more regens which results in poorer fuel economy.
Standard factory maps are pretty smokeless to improve fuel economy, reduce emissions and reduce the load on the DPF .

Right.. Well I will ask darkside see what they suggest.. But that's for your help! Really helpful on this forum!

I have had a custom quad pipe fitted to my car at a total cost of £600 and also had a quote of £800 all in for clutch and flywheel fitting, I had a egr delete and a remap 2 weeks ago costing £330 and it is prob one of the best decisions I have made as I have gained 42bhp and it's nearly 300ft lb torque and I still have my DPF, well for now anyway lol how can Darkside quote £1000 for a DPF delete lol the delete pipe is only £350 and a map should be no more than £300 so that means they are trying to charge £400 for fitting lol

Reactions: Macdoon
I have had a custom quad pipe fitted to my car at a total cost of £600 and also had a quote of £800 all in for clutch and flywheel fitting, I had a egr delete and a remap 2 weeks ago costing £330 and it is prob one of the best decisions I have made as I have gained 42bhp and it's nearly 300ft lb torque and I still have my DPF, well for now anyway lol how can Darkside quote £1000 for a DPF delete lol the delete pipe is only £350 and a map should be no more than £300 so that means they are trying to charge £400 for fitting lol

I know right! What engine you got in yours because mines the 143hp with 320nm torque so with a remap it should push to 390nm and 185hp and everyone has said a remap is by far the best mod you can do for your car. Have you had any black smoke from your exhaust as well ???

Does the 2.0 tdi have an egr valve? I have looked under the plastic cover and didnt spot it. If it has, I will look at getting shot of that! Then its just the quad exhaust and i will be a happy bunny!

Mine is the 143 and that's what it went to 185 and just shy of 400 nm torque my mistake thought it was 300 I will double check on the print out when I get home.

Does the 2.0 tdi have an egr valve? I have looked under the plastic cover and didnt spot it. If it has, I will look at getting shot of that! Then its just the quad exhaust and i will be a happy bunny!

Look to the left hand side and yeah it does.

Mine is the 143 and that's what it went to 185 and just shy of 400 nm torque my mistake thought it was 300 I will double check on the print out when I get home.

So defo worth doing ? And where did you get your egr valve blanking kit from ?

I got it from Darkside worked out to be around £100 but I have since found one for a lot cheaper on fleebay. I use Awsome GTi in Manchester for all my work doing they seem to look after me there so I keep going back and can't fault them on anything great after sales and will price match too.

Last question I swear.. What does your exhaust sound like ?? Have you got a straight through or 1 silencer ?

Straight through I did a thread I will try find it when I get home as it has links to a couple of YouTube vids in. However I have since had the centre box cut out so it is now straight through but I haven't had the chance to get a vid of it.

It sounds good yeah, it's a touch noiser inside but nothing major I don't even notice it now I want it to be louder inside lol

Wasn't sure how to share a thread so I just replied to it it which has put it to the top of the list for you to look at lol

Yeah makes a huge difference which diffuser have you gone for?

Spoke to a lad there with pretty much the same car (his car is on darkside website) and he said he will sort the diffuser out u think it's just the 3.0tdi one so I will have single tailpipes either side!

I was going to get the exhaust done after my holiday but I want it now !

And omg I have seen the video of yours like 4 times in the past and thought that is nice!!!

Do you ever go to any of the forum meets ???

Reactions: SI-W85
No never been to any meets, you wanna ask the guy who is doing your exhaust if he's gunna replace the diffuser or just cut a hole in it as when I had mine done I let them cut a hole in it until my S4 diffuser came but it looked awful and I couldn't wait for the new one to turn up lol don't get me wrong they did a good job but it didn't look rite but I wasn't bothered as I had a one on order. Where abouts in the country are you?

Yeah it's on order I think I have a pic of it..

It's costing £80 plus vat.

I'm In South Wales but I love going to meets! I mean I'm going 300miles just for a clutch and exhaust lol!

I have a good friend in Wolverhampton who would do you a good remap and dpf delete for around half that. Much closer than darkside too.

Ohhhhhh that might be handy because my mum and dad live in Birmingham so will be a good reason to visit :D

I have a good friend in Wolverhampton who would do you a good remap and dpf delete for around half that. Much closer than darkside too.

How much for just the dpf delete? I will sort my own map out as it's only a few quid for me to have stage 2 done at Awsome ?

Hey,

Im off to darkside to get my clutch an dual exhaust done in two weeks time..

I'm wanting a remap to but they said not to bother mapping it if im not going to have the dpf del so i asked how much the dpf del was and they said £1000 +vat !

Not being funny but thats pretty expensive just for a map basically.. would it hurt just to map it with the dpf still on ?

anyone done this ?

It won't hurt the car just your pocket as your DPF will block up quicker due to soot accumulating faster than normal. In the end you will end up removing the DPF or keep replacing DPF's every few months. The price is a bit steep I had mine done for less than half that with a remap.

You won't have to replace dpf every couple of months that's a load of s**t if I've ever heard it.

Reactions: BigGreg
I MOT'd mine today, so had the DPF chat. He told me how the hell was he meant to know what's in the exhaust. If it's been cut open removed and welded back up so what. He couldn't care less, if it passes the CO2 test that is all he is bothered about and every other tester that he is in contact with. He said he thought the new laws were just to slow down people deleting rather than replacing expensive DPF's and probably lead by the manufacturers applying pressure to Ladyman or whoever runs the show these days for the Government. He said in most cases the DPF is well hidden in the bay or behind covers etc and they had not been told to investigate at all, only to react if it was made obviously clear it had been removed.
If were not for the black smoke, mines would be off tomorrow. Think Angel Tuning do a removal and remap for £695 or something.

Still wouldn't catch me paying £700 to do a dpf delete lol I was quoted £400 including remap and the delete pipe.

You won't have to replace dpf every couple of months that's a load of s**t if I've ever heard it.

Maybe it will last longer but it will block up more quickly that's for sure. Its a known fact my son.

My son lol if all is working as it should with the regen it shouldn't ever block up, I have egr delete done as well as a remap so my gases aren't recirculating anymore and my dpf ha sent blocked up, would love to know where these facts come from, tell me why a remap will block the dpf please???

OK my son. Let me explain.

1) DPF has a limited life-span, usually around 100,000 miles (it can be more or less depending on how its driven obviously)
2) A regen will only increase its life and a DPF will NEVER be completely unblocked no matter what
3) A remap dependent on how its done will increase smoke somewhat which will obviously cause soot to be deposited inside the DPF filter

Just by your response above stating that your DPF will NEVER block up because your car regens itself is a joke, do some digging mate you will find it will block up sooner than you think.

Thank you have a great day :)

Reactions: Avnt
Ok it won't last forever but you said it will need to be changed every month that's strange because my car is a 2010 and hasn't had a DPF change yet lol

Just sold a 2007 range rover sport V8 diesel that was remapped at 6 month old and that also has never had an issue with the dpf.

Think I may have been a bit hasty saying it will never block up as I know they can block up, but saying it will block up for sure is wrong, and I know of so many cars with dpf's and a remap its annoying when somebody comes along and gives somebody else bad advise trying to put them off something ie saying they will have to change the dpf every couple of month when that is far from true, as I've got 2 vehicles with remaps and dpf's and never had an issue, neither has anybody I know with there diesels mapped and dpf, so my son who needs to get there facts rite???

Good night and god bless :) :end_of_discction:

Congratulations on your sale and your success with your DPF filter.

Why has midland DPF removal just started following me on Instagram who is that on here??? Or is it just a coincidence ??? :/