B8 rear l.e.d coversion..............yes or no ?

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Ive done a big search and found different answers/opinions.......i m after buying genuine rear led lights for my car (currently standard non led)Ive heard they need to be coded at audi,vcds cant do it and some wiring is needed,somewhere i read get wiring from maplin,also read audi cant code them

What i need to know is....can audi code them?

What wiring do i need?

or are they not worth the headache?
dont want buy them then find out audi cant code them, my car is a b8 saloon with standard non led rear lights.

If you are getting genuine audi lights then they will need coding and a wiring loom/connectors of some kind. Aftermarket ones are normally plug and play.

Your absolutely correct! OEM's are a pain to fit, wire & program etc, long winded mess about as you have proberley read some of the threads on here!
Personally, I did not think it was worth the effort so settled for some aftermaket ones from the states which were straight plug & play are near identical.fitted in one hour.
Plenty of these around, some very nice quality too! Just need to research them and buy wisely.

first of all thanks for all the replys...........any pics of what you guys have fitted,what the difference is compared to oem etc?
Your absolutely correct! OEM's are a pain to fit, wire & program etc, long winded mess about as you have proberley read some of the threads on here!
Personally, I did not think it was worth the effort so settled for some aftermaket ones from the states which were straight plug & play are near identical.fitted in one hour.
Plenty of these around, some very nice quality too! Just need to research them and buy wisely.

Got any pics mate?

ive seen these on e-bay,only thing is when the brakelight comes on,only the outer is lit up instead of the complete light(like oem) i wonder if they can be modded to light up all ?????????

REAR TAIL LED LIGHT FOR AUDI A4 B8 07-09 LIMOUSINE NEW LAMPS | eBay

p.s audi said they will code oem lights for £58 all in........still have to get wiring tho(thats for the genuine ones)

what they work out in our uk currency?....they look like oem's all depend how they light up/brake etc,some people brought off amazon and they were for left hand drive cars and had issues with the fogs...they were fk automotive,but when received were depo ones.
I'm trying to change mine at the moment also, i was looking at these:

OEM Audi A4 B8 Sedan/Wagon LED tail lights - OEM Conversion kit - BKS-Tuning

Have never heard of the company though but did a search and they seem to have good feedback on ebay.

They work out around £490 inc. delivery. I was talking to them and they said they are OEM and require coding.
They also said they are for RHD cars.

****** hell I'll sell ya mine for that price lol can't even see the things when your driving anyway. :)

****** hell I'll sell ya mine for that price lol can't even see the things when your driving anyway. :)

I agree with you there mate you don't seem them when driving but they do look dam fine I love mine! :) .. They look the part and set the car off in my opinion! :)

Expensive though! :(

a pain to fit have you fitted any ?
there a half hour job with the loom and vcds

Where can you get the loom for an avant ? I have a set waiting to go on .

Where can you get the loom for an avant ? I have a set waiting to go on .

found some used genuine ones..........can the original wiring be used some how,even if i have to swop some wires around or goto have the loom?