Approved used audi - peeling lacquer on front bumper

Going to highland audi after my work today. Will keep ya's all posted.

Result! Highland audi are going to do it under warranty. Happy days! Gonna have a few beers tonight to celebrate. Just a pain in the **** I'm gonna lose my car for a few days tho.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Is it factory paint? Many dealers have mobile smart repair guys come in to touch up blemishes/scuffs on their forecourt/used cars and these repairs can sometimes not have much longevity.

I'd be demanding they sort it if I'd just shelled out £14k for a used approved.

Is it factory paint? Many dealers have mobile smart repair guys come in to touch up blemishes/scuffs on their forecourt/used cars and these repairs can sometimes not have much longevity.

I'd be demanding they sort it if I'd just shelled out £14k for a used approved.
Whole bumper is coming off, getting rubbed down & full respray & fresh lacquer

What's your car going in for? I'm thinking of phoning highland audi tomorrow to see if I can get a courtesy car.
Paint was damaged on the front bumper last time it was in. They are fixing it for me. I've got the courtesy car from Monday! ;) Had to wait a month to get one!

Paint was damaged on the front bumper last time it was in. They are fixing it for me. I've got the courtesy car from Monday! ;) Had to wait a month to get one!
What courtesy car are they giving you? An RS4 or an R8 will do me lol

What courtesy car are they giving you? An RS4 or an R8 will do me lol

I do ask them evertime for one of those lol! I had a brand new A6 S line avant last and the time before that, an A1, which I think is the normal courtesy car.

I do ask them evertime for one of those lol! I had a brand new A6 S line avant last and the time before that, an A1, which I think is the normal courtesy car.
An A1 would be disappointing but I suppose it has 4 wheels and it goes lol

Grrrrr! Just tried the sunroof for the first time & it's no ****** working! Highland audi will be getting another visit tomorrow from a VERY UNHAPPY customer! First complaint was the front tyres only had 2mm of tread which took me about 4 phone calls to get sorted. Second complaint was the lacquer peel and now the ****** sunroof. I don't think this car got the full 145 point check.

Grrrrr! Just tried the sunroof for the first time & it's no ****** working! Highland audi will be getting another visit tomorrow from a VERY UNHAPPY customer! First complaint was the front tyres only had 2mm of tread which took me about 4 phone calls to get sorted. Second complaint was the lacquer peel and now the ****** sunroof. I don't think this car got the full 145 point check.

Thats bad luck (and incompetent dealership). Sorry to hear it. Will be sorted though….

Thats bad luck (and incompetent dealership). Sorry to hear it. Will be sorted though….
Yeah so much for an "approved" used audi. I'm going in to see them after my work. I was going to phone them but one thing I have learned is you get a better response from them when your speaking face to face. I'm also going to DEMAND a courtesy car while my one is getting sorted seen as these problems should of been rectified before the car even made it to the forecourt.

You should demand a courtesy car of course as you shouldn't be inconvenienced when the car is being repaired.
But sometimes you have to wait 3 weeks to get a courtesy car, even if the dealer was at fault in the first place. It has made my blood boil at times, but in the end theres nothing you can do (apart from waiting at the showroom like a lemon, with no expected finish time). The more I deal with some of these "professionals" the less expectation I have.
I hope you get a courtesy car sooner! Keep us posted.

You should demand a courtesy car of course as you shouldn't be inconvenienced when the car is being repaired.
But sometimes you have to wait 3 weeks to get a courtesy car, even if the dealer was at fault in the first place. It has made my blood boil at times, but in the end theres nothing you can do (apart from waiting at the showroom like a lemon, with no expected finish time). The more I deal with some of these "professionals" the less expectation I have.
I hope you get a courtesy car sooner! Keep us posted.
Just back from Highland Audi & they will repair the sunroof as soon as the car comes out of the bodyshop and they will supply me with a courtesy car. Good result.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Had my Misano red S4 rear bumper painted a few months back due to it peeling.

It goes back in on monday to be done again, all of it under warranty. They painted over the failed paint so not a suprise it has fallen off again.

They reckon it will be done in a day so hold no hope for a quality job if im honest.